cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

slow broadband talk talk checking the line for over 20 hours?!?!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Chatterbox

I noticed yesterday while downloading a new game that my should be download speed of 60+mbps was sitting at between 1-9mbps (hardwired and wifi). I ran through the service centre which first said there was no issue, I tried again at it said that talk talk had noted a fault and were running tests on the line so to leave the browser on and they would update me when they were done.  

That was 22 hours ago and there has been no change or update, my computer is still sitting there on the same page (step 1 or 2) and now when I check the service centre on the other computer it says that they are running checks and will update me when they're done.

Chat is closed and I can't get through on the phone due to the Covid 19 situation.

How long is this supposed to take? I am supposed to be working from home but will find it difficult with low download speeds.  I assume I will be due at least a partial refund for the reduced service?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @kerry-_-93 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Chatterbox
I've added in all my info, thank you
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi kerry,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible fault so I've passed this over to Openreach now for external line investigation to be completed and this will be investigated as soon as possible.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox
Thanks for that,

How will I get updates on progress? Should I expect an email or just keep checking my line to see if it's fixed?

Kerry
Highlighted

Hi Kerry

The engineer has left notes yesterday to advise that this fault should now be fixed. Fault was found in underground cable.

Please can you confirm if this fault has been fixed?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Yes the engineer phoned to say he's now sending 70+mbps to our router, we still only seem to be getting 30-40mbps but it's better than the 1-2 we were getting before. 

Thanks 

Highlighted

Hi Kerry

Thanks for your reply.

Ok, please can you power down the router for a full 30 minutes and then run a speed test following this? (this should help increase the throughput speed)

Thanks

Debbie