I recently upgraded my Broadband service from Fibre35 to Fibre65 with a ‘go live’ date of 17/11/20. Ever since then download speed has been 25-26 Mbps, consistently over two days, which is well below expected mid-60s! It is even below the guaranteed minimum of 40 Mbps. I have tested speed over days with the router connected at end of phone extension and at master socket. Thus, there is no drop in speed due to house wiring. What can TT do about this to give me the service I am now paying for? Is the fact that I am still on an FTTC set up? If no improvement I shall investigate and consider moving to another ISP.
SPEED TESTS OF FIBRE65
Results from master socket
Results from extension
Are you able to do the speed test 'wired', as if you do them wireless then results could be affected by many other things.
If you log into 'My Account' can you see that the speed boost is active against your broadband package.
If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your 'estimated speed' and 'measured speed'. If your 'measured speed' is showing something closer to the higher speeds you would expect then it would be a good idea to switch the router off for over 30 minutes, then when you switch it back on it will start a new 'session' in the street cabinet, this can sometimes help it pick up those faster speeds.
Some of your results imply that the boost is active, as it shows you are getting upload speeds of well over 10, however some of the readings are over 20, and Fibre 65 has a maximum upload speed of 20mbps, so those readings might not be super accurate !
Thanks for info. Just measured speed several times on my desktop with ethernet connection; got 26down and 6 up. Checked My Account and shows Fibre65 is active.Service centre estimates speed to router as 45-78, measured 36! I also ran Network Stability test; this came up with a fault on line and to book Openreach engineer. This I have done for Tuesday, 24th. Will keep you posted of outcome.