would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

slow internet and high latency

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
nasar1342
First Timer

first month of talk talk: speeds of 30 Mbps down and 6 up (18 ms latency)

after one month: speeds suddenly drop to 20 Mbps and 6 up (30 latency)

that is a very weird coincidence speeds dropped exactly by 33%

i then call talk talk ask them why the speeds have dropped and why my latency is higher than before.

they tell me that the exchange is 2 miles away from where i live and i cant get good speeds. i live in a area with a high population in Manchester and all of these people have to suffer from talk talks or open reach's services. i wish i could get virgin media but they are not available in my area YET. so i am hoping that talk talk will do something about this and make it fair for everyone (at least that is what it said on the advertisement letter they sent me.) now luckily i have fiber optic as the coaxial cables are even worse ( Mbps download) which is ridiculous.  But even fiber optic isn't enough as i stream and play games with 20 down and 6 up which still isn't enough and i suffer from delays and lag. if you still wont do anything at least change my speeds to the same ones as the first month. and BTW i think talk talk has the second worst customer service i have ever seen. i called them once and the person was speaking with his colleagues and was laughing while i was trying to explain how terrible my internet was and he was so distracted he had to ask for my postcode 3 times.

Also i have the 'game changing' router but i lag even when no one is using the internet .BTW i use a cat 7 Ethernet cable so its not about connectivity.

TELL OPENREACH TO DO SOMETHING AND DONT REPLY SAYING "whe follow open reachs plans bla bla bla".

said
Community Team

Hi nasar1342

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

nasar1342
First Timer

confirmed

said
Community Team

Hi nasar1342,

Thanks for updating your profile but could you please add your TalkTalk landline telephone number so that we can locate you on our systems

Thanks

Chris

nasar1342
First Timer

my post code is [removed] but i dont know my landline

said
Community Team

Hi nasar1342,

Could you add your full address to the private notes section of your community profile (please don't post any personal information on the forum). Could you also take a look at your post code and confirm that it's correct 

Thanks

Chris