Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

slow sync speed issue

28 REPLIES 28
Dongreening86
Conversation Starter

is there anyone who can help with my slow sync speed of 8mbit, i normally get around 33mbit?

can dlm be reset?

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Dongreening86
Conversation Starter
Thanks you. My profile is already setup.
Dongreening86
Conversation Starter
Here is a link with the issue it has been happening for a long time and still nothing has been done!

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Product-Archive/Frequent-disconnect-and-slow-speed/m-p/2128205#M...
Community Team

Hi Don,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

Dongreening86
Conversation Starter

There is no issue with voice calls from the landline. My router is connected directly to the dual outlet openreach MK3 master socket. I have no other wiring within the house apart from that outlet

Community Team

Hi Don,

Thanks for confirming this. I've passed the low speed over to our Network Team for further investigation and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Dongreening86
Conversation Starter
Thanks
Community Team

Hi Don,

I've received an update to advise that the fault has been passed to Openreach for further investigation.

Thanks

Dongreening86
Conversation Starter
the speed has now increased but im still getting disconnects every day and already seeing a decrease in sync speed again??
Community Team

Hi Dongreening86

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Is the router connected at the test socket? I can then pass this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Dongreening86
Conversation Starter
As previously stated My router is connected directly to the dual outlet openreach MK3 master socket. I have no other wiring within the house apart from that outlet.
if you could get this investigated that would be great thanks
Community Team

Hi Dongreening86,

DLM changed your profile on the 27th, sync speed is now 40Mbps. How have the disconnections been since your last post?

Chris

Dongreening86
Conversation Starter

Hi thanks for that. The disconnects have been at least once a day since my last post. All the engineers that have been to the property and the surrounding properties have all said the same in that the equipment at the local exchange cannot sustain the amount of connections it currently has. I'm not sure whether this is something you can relay back your end?

Community Team

There are no reconnections showing since the profile change this morning so can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll see if there have been any further disconnections

Regarding what the engineer told you, this is something that they should have relayed back as they complete a fault report based on their findings

Chris

Dongreening86
Conversation Starter
Just to update I had 3 disconnects that I know of yesterday 16:19, 18:05 and 18:41. Sync speed is still at 40mbps at the moment.
Community Team

Hi Don,

I've asked our Network Team to take a look at the intermittent connection now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check this again for you.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Don,

Our Network Team have looked at this and advised that they think this may be related to the router. Just to confirm, have you ever tested with a HG633?

Thanks

Dongreening86
Conversation Starter
I believe the hg633 is what I using and has been replaced once before a while ago but if you think it may be this I'm happy for you to send a new one to try?
Community Team

Hi Don,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for deliver

Chris