would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

slower fibre speed at same home

16 REPLIES 16
StormChaser
Wise Owl

hello

back in october had issues getting talktalk to renew contract. even TT managers were saying it was the back office why they couldnt get the error fixed to renew contract. so i told them to close this account and open a whole new one and number. (they kept the same account #) but new phone. or they will lose someone who has been with talktalk 15 yrs as i had even virginmedia already in the property

its been a month now since the new contract went live and the upload speed is the same before BUT the download speed has gone from 66Mb to 54MB. why is this???? I can understand if i moved to a new address in the area but i am in the same house. same router and same line as my last phone number was on. yet talktalk says in a text yesterday that my line is fine and the speed is what was promised. (up to 80mb).... well its not when you lose 12mb for changing to a new phone number (re-porting a whole new number on same line as i was told). i hope someone can look into this. i await to hear from you

regards

Stormchaser

Community Team

Hi StormChaser

I'm sorry to hear this.

Is the telephone number in your Community Profile correct? (Please do not post the number on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

StormChaser
Wise Owl

hi oce debbie. 

phone numbers have been updated now as they were old numbers. like i say i dont know why when reset they whole contract and new number at the same home address i would then drop in speed. trying to figure this one out

Stormchaser

Community Team

Hi StormChaser,

Apologies, did you save the changes once you updated this?

Thanks

StormChaser
Wise Owl

yes changes were saved with the new numbers

Stormchaser

Community Team

Hi StormChaser,

Apologies, I'm still unable to locate any details. Could you double check and confirm if this is the current correct number for your line. Could you dial 17070 from your line and confirm if the number in your profile is correct? Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

StormChaser
Wise Owl

yes the landline is the new number i was given when talktalk created a whole new contract because they couldnt for 2 months renew my existing one with errors they were getting. 

Community Team

Hi StormChaser, there are too many digits in the number you've added to your profile. Please check it and let me know when you've corrected it.

Ady

StormChaser
Wise Owl

Hi Ady

land line number is corrected now. seen a extra 0 in there so its now up to date.

Stormchaser

Community Team

Hi StormChaser,

You are on an 80Mbps profile so could you switch your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on and check to see if speed has improved - please let us know how you get on 

Chris

StormChaser
Wise Owl

hi oce chris

will do that and get back to you with the speed results.

Stormchaser

StormChaser
Wise Owl

hi oce chris

switched the router off for 30 mins last night. went from 54.5mb download 17mb up to 55mb down and 17.1mb up ..... so odd when i had 66mb before the new contract was put in place.

Stormchaser

Community Team

Hi StormChaser,

Thanks for trying that. Is your router currently connected to your test socket (if you have one)

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Chris

StormChaser
Wise Owl

hi chris

tested router on main test socket and its now plugged into the master phone socket. speed down is 54.7mb now and upload is 17.3mb ... my router was on a solid copper wire to the other room and it was getting 55mb down and 17mb up before moving it.

before my contract was renewed on my solid copper line to the other room i was getting 66mb down and 17.3mb up on my old phone number and contract. just dont know why it would drop like this for the same property and equipment.

Stormchaser

Community Team

Hi StormChaser

Is your router currently switched off?

Thanks

Debbie

StormChaser
Wise Owl

hi oce debbie. 

it was off had electric work carried out but its back on now

Stormchaser

Community Team