Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

speed boost not activating

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello 

I renewed my contract with talktalk on Saturday 18/04/2020 for another 18 months and added an additional Speed Boost to the contract. I did this due to my Connection speed being lower than usual. it shows as active in my Account when i log in. i have restarted the router ( new talktalk router i paid an extra £30.00 for which turned out to be the same router i already have) our old speed used to be 30 Mbps minimum now were receiving an average of 25 mbps.

We have run the diagnostics tool on talktalk website and the outcome was fine on their end and suggested it was maybe a problem on our end.

we have replaced all cables with the new router we received 

we are connected via Ethernet

we have connected the router into the test socket ( still same speed )

and our phone line crackles sometimes but unable to tell if its the phone or the line 

I appreciate any help given

Mr Adam Rae
Highlighted
Community Star

@Sqweezy123 , TT staff will look into this for you but it could take them some days to reach your thread. 

They need to identify your account. Please complete your community forum profile details 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; save any changes. 

Please wait for a reply.  Thanks for your patience. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hello

Everything should be setup now for a response from the team
Mr Adam Rae
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Sqweezy123

Please can you also add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox
ok its been done now

Mr Adam Rae
Highlighted
Chatterbox

my profile was updated 4 days ago can you confirm if you can see my talktalk telephone number?

Mr Adam Rae
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Sqweezy123,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed has increased. How is your speed at the moment? If there is still no improvement then could you try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then retest the speed again please as this will reset the current session.

Thanks