Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

speed check

40 REPLIES 40
Gannite180
Team Player

When i run a check it seems to indicate a problem between talktalk and my house. My speed is 25Mbps it is supposed to be 40Mbps.

gannite180
Community Team

Hi

All line tests are clear and the router is in sync at 32mb.  This is a little lower than it should be, but I can see no obvious issues remotely.

Do you have any issues with the home phone, any noise or crackling on the line ?

Do you have a test socket, and if so, can you connect the router directly to this with a filter and the short adsl cable.

Thanks

Karl. 

Gannite180
Team Player

Karl  no problems with any of my services. It is just that when i run a service check it shows that there is a problem between you and my house. What i don`t understand is why this should be.

gannite180
Community Team

Hi Gannite180,

Ok thanks for confirming this. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does then would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket to run this test again?

Thanks

Gannite180
Team Player

Yes it does. Can not do a check at the moment. But what i do not understand is why the service check should show a fault  when you say there is not.

gannite180
Community Team

Hi Gannite180

Please can you add your TalkTalk telephone number to your Community Profile.

Thanks

Debbie

Gannite180
Team Player

yes Debbie my phone number is in there.

gannite180
Community Team

Hi Gannite180

Have you added your TalkTalk landline number? I can only see a mobile number.

Thanks

Debbie

Gannite180
Team Player

Debbie i have just checked and it is in there.

gannite180
Community Team

Hi Gannite180

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. Please can you run a wired speed test using the TT speed tester so we can see the results?

Thanks

Debbie

Gannite180
Team Player

OK Debbie i have done a speed test and a service check. The service check shows a fault between talktalk and my house.

gannite180
Community Team

Hi Gannite180

The speed test result looks good based upon the sync speed. Speed test shows 31.4mb and sync speed is 32mb.

What speed were you previously receiving? The line tests are all clear so I'm not sure what this is detecting.

Thanks

Debbie

Gannite180
Team Player

OK Debbie it is just that when i run a service check it shows yellow triangle between talktalk and my house.

Also it tells me my speed could be improved.

gannite180
Community Team

Hi Gannite180

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket for 48hrs (over the weekend) without rebooting the router? We can then check the connection stats again on Monday to see if DLM increases the sync speed any further.

Thanks

Debbie

Gannite180
Team Player

Debbie when i tried that i found i could not connect to the internet. So it is not possible to leave it connected to the test socket over the weekend.

gannite180
Community Team

Hi Gannite180

Did you connect a microfilter at the test socket first before connecting the router? Do you have a dialtone if you connect the phone to the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Gannite180
Team Player

Debbie i have Master Socket 5C Mk4, do i still need to plug in a filter at the test socket?.

gannite180
Gannite180
Team Player

Debbie i have plugged a micro filter into the master socket, will leave like that till Monday.

gannite180
Community Team

Hi Gannite180

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked and the sync speed has started to increase from 32mb to 32.7mb. Would it be possible to leave the router at the test socket whilst DLM is monitoring the connection/adjusting the speed?

Thanks

Debbie

Gannite180
Team Player

Debbie have done as you asked.

gannite180