Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

speed drop

12 REPLIES 12
bigbri4
Conversation Starter

Hi last september i had a line fault fixed since then my line as been very stable. I have been getting 37.40 on wi-fi. A few days ago i changed a few things around and had to disconnect the internet for a while since reconnection my speed on wi-fi as been down to 31 to 32 it is very stable but not 37 plus i was getting what needs to be done to right this. is the dlm affected by disconnecting the internet.

Regards

Brian

Community Team

Hi Brian,

If the router is rebooted/switched off too often then can cause DLM to lower the speed to try and stabilise the connection. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault, however the sync speed looks ok.

Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line? Did you make any changes to the equipment set up at all?

Thanks

bigbri4
Conversation Starter

Hi Michelle

everything is working fine. I did find a faulty cable from phone to router which i have changed otherwise everything to do with the internet is the same. phone is fine.

Regards

Brian

Community Team

Hi Brian

Thanks for your reply.

The line test is detecting a possible fault. Would it be possible to connect just the router at the test socket so we can run another line test?

Debbie

bigbri4
Conversation Starter

Hi

connected router to test socket

Regards

Brian

Community Team

Hi Brian

Apologies for the delay.

I've completed a further line test which is still detecting a possible fault.

Is the router still connected at the test socket? Did you also remove the phone from the line?

Thanks

Debbie

bigbri4
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie

The only thing connected to the test socket is the router The line is stable at 31ish. When i had problems last year 3 faults found on the line from my house to the box in the street. Since it was fixed my internet as been stable the changes i have made as been to the tv and sky cabling not the internet.

Regards

Brian

Community Team

Hi Brian

I have asked our Network Team to take a look at this and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Brian

This fault has been passed to a BT Openreach line engineer to investigate the fault detected on the line.

We should receive further updates within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

bigbri4
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie

As the problem seems to be on your side of things would it be ok to put the router back in its place as its not convenient to have it pluged in the master socket permantly. as its not in the same room

and no power point in that room.

Regards

Brian

Community Team

Hi Brian

Yes sorry, you can connect your router back in your usual set up.

Thanks

Debbie

bigbri4
Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie

Engineer came today and found no faults on the line he reset the dlm every thing is fine.Thanks for your help.

Regards

Brian

Community Team

Hi Brian,

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Thanks