Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

speed drops till reboot

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Team Player

Hello,

I have Faster Fibre, i check my broadband speed because it seems to be buffering on say a youtube video and im getting around 10Mb download, i reboot the router do another test and it increases to 30Mb (which is what i expect to see).

This is a daily occurance, doesnt generally matter what time of day etc my speed deteriorates until i reboot the router.

I know speeds fluctuate during peak times but this seems too consistent, it drops daily to the point of not being able to stream a video...

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Community Star

Does this affect wired connections as well as wireless ones?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Team Player
Yes this affects both wired and wireless, i always use my pc which is wired to do any speedchecks.
Highlighted
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi KarlD88,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed looks consistent. Just to confirm, which router are you currently using? (make and model)

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Huawei HG633

Thanks

Highlighted

Hi KarlD88,

Thanks for confirming this. Would you like us to send a 3782 router for testing purposes to see how the speed compares?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Yes please that would be great can we arrange an alternative delivery address as i will probably be at work when it is delivered.

Highlighted

Hi KarlD88

Please can you send me a Private Message with the address you would like me to send the router to.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi KarlD88

Thanks for the Private Message.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

I have to reboot anytime I want to use iPlayer or watch a film. I get 60mb/s after reboot, but it can be down to less than 10mb/s the next day. I upgraded to faster broadband a few months ago, it’s worse now than before. 

Hi martintalk,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own thread and we can look into this further for you.

Thanks