cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

speed

ANSWERED
24 REPLIES
Highlighted
jericho2001
First Timer

can some one tell me what my line is sync at? as was getting 76mbps the other day now has gone down to 70/71mbps as far as i'm aware theres no noise on the line so dont think line fault any help would be gratefull thanks

Community Team

Hi jericho2001,

I've run a test on your line which hasn't detected a fault and your line is currently in sync at 75mb which is within the predicted speed range for the line.

Are you experiencing any issues with your connection?

Thanks

jericho2001
First Timer

now getting a little bit concern as it has now dropped another 3mbps at this rate by next week i might not have any internet any help thanks

Community Team

Hi jericho2001,

Is your router currently switched off? I can also see a few re-connections on the line. Is the connection unstable or are you rebooting/switching off the router?

Thanks

jericho2001
First Timer

it cut off yesterday just had the red light on but i did not switch off anyway it has gone down again to just over 56mbps so something wrong somewhere thanks

Community Team

Hi jericho2001,

I've re-run the line test which hasn't detected a fault. Are there any lights on the router at the moment?

Thanks

jericho2001
First Timer

yes all of them all green and working its just that speed seems to be slowly going down it only cut off the once which was yesterday 

Community Team

Hi jericho2001

Thanks for your reply.

I can't see the sync speed. Is the router switched off? 

Thanks

Debbie

jericho2001
First Timer

no the router is still on has been since 1/3/17 apart from that time it cut off and had the red broadband light on its still on thanks

Community Team

Hi jericho2001

Have you tested with a different router?

Thanks

Debbie

jericho2001
First Timer

no i dont have another router to try so no i have not tried another router thanks

Community Team

Hi jericho2001

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

jericho2001
First Timer

yes please and thanks

Community Team

Hi jericho2001

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

jericho2001
First Timer

have just recieved the router speed has gone back up to 71 mbps so will keep an eye on it for the next few days and if i get any more problems will let you know thanks

Community Team

Hi jericho2001

Thanks for keeping us updated, please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

jericho2001
First Timer

this morning i have checked its gone down by 10mbps and router showning this (Downstream line rate (kbit/s):

66622)  this was 75 something yesterday thanks
Community Team

Hi jericho2001,

I've re-checked the connection stats and your line is currently in sync at 66mb which is within the predicted speed range for your line.

I can see a few re-connections on the line, have you rebooted/switched off the router?

Thanks

jericho2001
First Timer

the only time is turned off was when the new router turned up and i changed over i just done a speed check and its 59mbps but yesterday it was 71 thanks

Community Team

Hi jericho2001,

Thanks for confirming this. DLM will determine the speed of the connection based upon the stability and also the number of errors on the line.

As the sync speed is within the predicted speed range then we would be unable to raise this as a slow speed fault.

Thanks