Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

strange story .. eBay website not displaying properly

ANSWERED
7 REPLIES 7
Team Player

for the past few days I have had eBay website just displaying as text...

I have a new pc and the old with F Protect is in another room.. I have Bullguard AV... on that. So spent ages trying to sort out if that was the issue as it eBay display ok if I use their Secure Browser... Jumped through the hoops with their Tech people.. No solution.. But was still thinking it was Bullguard doing something to interfere.

Then i thought to try my old PC and that is exactly the same eBay is displayed as text at the left side of the screen.. no graphics again .. but... this is a different AV and firewall.

Now I'm wondering if a TalkTalk setting is blocking it.. (I haven't changed anything in the last 3 months to exclude stuff)

anyone else with this or any ideas?

router. Sagecom FAST 5364-3.T8
Hardware Version FAST5364 3.00
Software Version SG4K10002808t
GUI Version 3.7.8
First Timer

This is the same for me. I reloaded the e bay app and it worked the first time then went straight back to its strange format with no images. I have not updated any settings but someone suggested taking the child protection filter from Talk Talk off but I cannot get onto Talk Talk either to check this out. Someone else posted this problem 08/11. No replies as far as I can see.

Team Player

Thanks for replying

at least i haven't lost my marbles.. LOL

I had trouble logging in too to check.. When i do get in I don't want to take off Child protection for just a benign website, though.

Others may have some input too.

Thanks again

Ps.. I just tried on a laptop and at first it loaded strangely then it went ok.. will have to try the problematic PCs now.

GUI Version 3.7.8
Team Player
No.. still the same (apart from only one graphic showing. 😒
GUI Version 3.7.8
Team Player

All PCs failed with eBay display

Just tried my Android phone in the browser rather than app.

Same again.. So it is TalkTalk or ebay.. not AV or Firewall related.

GUI Version 3.7.8
Participant
Solution
Try adding ebaystatic.com to the allow list in HomeSafe. It appears TT are mistakenly blocking it as matching one of the prohibited categories
Team Player
fantastic!

worked immediately.. Grateful
GUI Version 3.7.8
Community Manager - TT Staff
Thanks for sharing @gcotgreave we're looking into this.

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.