cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

talktalk blocking teamviewer 13 from connecting

25 REPLIES
Highlighted
StormChaser
Wise Owl

i would like to know why i cannot use my teamviewer to help my family with their PCs? I have been using it over 2 yrs now fine till tonight when it said it couldnt connect check proxy settings... why when its been fine and nothing changed. why has talktalk blocked this. can you unblock it asap so i can use it. i await to hear from you

StormChaser

fr8ys
Community Star

Teamviewer has been blocked to protect people from scammers 

Where there is a legitimate need forftjis it can be unblocked and I have escalated to the OCE for you to unblock.

If you require this urgently you could try live chat (link on the forum homepage). If you do try this option please let us know. Thank you. 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
StormChaser
Wise Owl

thanks. hope oce can sort it. i will try the live chat on the homepage and let you know if it works.

StormChaser

bitman
Repeat Guest

nice work TT just blocking ports without notifying your customers under the name of scammers...

what's next? installing some https://www.barracuda.com junk boxes?

openreach Huawei EchoLife HG612 3B
mini-ITX OPNsense Intel NICS full IPv6
StormChaser
Wise Owl

no go with live chat. excuse is they have limit tools on techsupport live chat and maintenance is going on for up to 3 hrs. why dont they do the updates when closed and not when business is fully open. someone needs to sort talktalk out before it goes under for bad service

fr8ys
Community Star

I've escalated so hopefully an OCE will be with you soon.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps others and saves OCE's time to look at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve.
Unix1
Chat Champion

wrote:

nice work TT just blocking ports without notifying your customers under the name of scammers...

what's next? installing some https://www.barracuda.com junk boxes?

It's not port blocking, it's DNS blocking. You can use Google's DNS server to bypass it (Google it) but it's sheer stupidity to block it and gross incompetence on TT's behalf IMHO. Ain't going to stop email phishing scams or a whole heap of other cons and malware not to mention the plethora of other remote desktop clients available.

bitman
Repeat Guest

i never use the DNS servers of ISP's mostly openDNS & IPv6 He / google 

openreach Huawei EchoLife HG612 3B
mini-ITX OPNsense Intel NICS full IPv6
StormChaser
Wise Owl

tried live chat again.. they dont have a clue. they think teamviewer is a broswer issue when its software you use to log in. now they go and block teamviewer's website today..... talk talk needs some real techies and not monkeys who dont know what they are doing. what are they going to do next. block us from using our NAS devices at home and remotely?? not a happy customer now.... need OCE to sort otherwise will think about sending talktalk bills for the people i help using this...

makes me wonder will the block a business who uses this as well.... get it sorted TT ...

StormChaser

fr8ys
Community Star

Business users use a different service to residential customers. It's the latter where it has been blocked to protect customers from scammers.

As I understand it is a minority of users who use it and there is a solution in place, which is what you are waiting for.

Live chat has helped others, so don't understand why they are causing you an issue. As said I have raised this for you.

StormChaser
Wise Owl

thanks fr8ys for raising this. i even spoke to a tech support manager on the phone and she had no clue what i was on about. even now the teamviewer website is blocked which i was able to see earlier today. all settings in the homesafe are OFF and still no go. i will wait and see if a OCE can unblock it as i use it to help my elderly parents with their PC. 

Community Team

Hi StormChaser

You can switch this off in My Account, under view HomeSafe settings, there is an option for scam protection to be switched off.

Thanks

Debbie

StormChaser
Wise Owl

hello oce debbie

i have checked and this has been turned off already. the issue looks like its talktalk blocking it. i did post a message and screenshot yesterday but looks like it was deleted for some reason. i hope you can sort this issue why i cannot use my teamviewer

Stormchaser

Community Team

Hi

I've made a change to your home safe settings, can you try now and see if Teamviewer works for you.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

jonnyblue5
Conversation Starter

restart pc after disabling home safe worked for me

StormChaser
Wise Owl

hi Karl

I have tried again and still cannot log into teamviewer via the home router yet i can log in if i use my mobile connected to my mobile provider, otherwise on the router i cannot. i have added a photo to sho when the connection cannot be made first it is red even if you try to sign into teamviewer from the software. even reboot the PC

Stormchaser

StormChaser
Wise Owl

still no go here after reboot Jonnyblue5

stormchaser

jonnyblue5
Conversation Starter

i ditched talktalk router for sky q had no troubles since doing that.

Community Team

Hi StormChaser

Can you reboot the router and try now.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

OCE's Hours of Operation - Mon to Fri 8am to 4pm. Urgent issues outside these times, please use Live Chat

StormChaser
Wise Owl

hi Karl

i rebooted the router and PC still cannot connect to teamviewer as the icon shows the red mark on it meaning its still blocked.

Stormchaser