cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

wifi hub

Community Team

OK, I've ordered the router, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

skygrowler
Insightful One

OK thanks 😊

Community Team
skygrowler
Insightful One

new hub is here thanks @OCE_Chris . i will give it a go and get back .

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

@OCE_Debbie i have got the new hub set up and it seems to be working ok (only time will tell ) buti have one question the previous router had firmware ending in 2600t this on ends in 1400t is that newer or older and if it's older can it be upgraded please ?

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

I have updated the routers firmware.

Thanks

Debbie :-)

skygrowler
Insightful One

thanks @OCE_Debbie so far things are looking better ,overnight my phone has used no data and my speed has increased and connection seems more stable .

i know it is early days but hopefully the new router has solved my problems .

just one thing and i know you are going to say " ooh i wouldn't do that " but i have found that i get better wifi coverage by placing the router face down on the floor in an upstairs room and it hasn't caught fire yet ! :joytears:

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please can you continue to monitor this and let us know how you get on.

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

will do thanks @OCE_Debbie 

Community Team
skygrowler
Insightful One

@OCE_Debbie Hmm that didn't last long , my phone used 0.7mb overnight and cctv cameras are on and off randomly , i have tried everything and nothing seems to improve the connection.

i am giving up on this now. i can only conclude it is down to the fibre connection being of poor quality as i have tried 3 different wifi hubs and 3 other routers including one non TT supplied router .

if i remove the fibre boost what sort of speed can i expect as all i think i can do is to start downgrading because everything worked before i had fibre.

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I can raise the intermittent connection fault over to our Network Team, would you like me to arrange this?

If you remove the fibre speed boost then the sync speed would be 40mb.

Thanks

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

Actually it seems to have settled down now  so I will give it a bit longer  

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

hi @OCE_Debbie it appears that the 2.4 channel on my hub has stopped working . is that something you can check from your end ?

thanks sg

skygrowler
Insightful One

ok @OCE_Debbie  i have rebooted and it has come back on but i really don't want to be doing this with a brand new router .

from other posts i have read it seems this router is a failure , i think it's about time TT admitted it and started doing something about it .

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Has the same fault occurred on 2 different Wifi Hubs?

Thanks

Debbie

skygrowler
Insightful One

Not as far as I know but I have to say that I only have one laptop which is exclusively 2.4 ghz everything else is dual band  

Community Team

Hi skygrowler

Are you still experiencing drops over a wired connection?

Thanks