Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

wps

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi All I'm trying to connect a wifi extender but after pushing the wps button on the back of the new fibre router for 5 seconds it starts to blink then i push the wps button on my wifi extender to connect but nothings happening, can anyone help i'm pulling my hair out.

thanks Vince

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Vince, I think you might be doing it back to front. try the extender first then the router

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi

I've tried the other way round but still no joy. Any other ideas.

Thanks Vince

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Vince sorry that didn't work. What make is the extender?

Once these devices get the connection they remember them for the times when power goes down etc. Are you trying with the extender adjacent to the router or in situ?

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi I have the router in one room and the extender in another. This is a link to what extender I have 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/british-general-2g-13a-sp-switched-wi-fi-extender-socket-2-1a-1-outlet-us...

Hope this helps 

Cheers vince

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Vince, thanks for that. Reading some of the reviewso have the same experience.

The solution was to try either qr or manual installation,can you see that in the instructions? Don't forget it only works on 2.4

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi when you say 2.4 what's this. I will have a look through the manual again, could you recommend a WiFi extender,

Cheers.

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi Vince, there are two frequencies on which WiFi works 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz . They both have their merits, many devices work on both frequencies others on just the 2.4 GHz it's not good or bad just worth knowing.

As for a WiFi extender, Amazon is you friend here {other online retailers exist} look for passthrough which means you don't lose a socket. A very attractive model, which I haven't tried, is the tp link re365. Why Amazon, well they are very good on returns.

There are  so many options. 

Chatterbox

Hi.

Many thanks for your help I will look into it.

Cheers vince

Highlighted
Community Star

Good luck Vince, please let me know how you get on.