FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15% speed reduction with new router

philipm
Whizz Kid
Message 147 of 147

I finally got around to installing the replacement router as the old one was having to be rebooted regularly. I have been sent an HG633 rather than the HG635 and it is much slower. A full 15% slower and the wifi signal is not as good. Please can I have a replacement 635?

0 Likes
146 REPLIES 146

Message 1 of 147
0 Likes

Message 2 of 147

Thanks for that information. Much appreciated.

Message 3 of 147

Hi philipm

We can see that the engineer has submitted this request (paper work) 

Pending council approval this work will go ahead. An A55 approval can take up to 2 weeks.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 147

Hi philipm,

I've asked our Network Team if their are any timescales and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 147

Further to my update yesterday. My connection has crashed three times in the last 2 hours and I am currently getting an upload speed of 0.6!!!!!!!!

Quite possibly; whatever they did yesterday has made things worse.

Can we keep the pressure up, please?

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 6 of 147

Hi philipm,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 147

OK. So, finally, we have a guy that has had all the connection boxes up down the road and established that there is a fault in the cabling that will require the pavement being dug up as it isn't ducted. They will be logging a job requirement tonight and we will have to see when the work will actually get done. Engineer was around for around two hours so actually did a thorough job.

Looks like we are on the last leg but it's down to Openreach to get it sorted soon as.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 8 of 147

I'm really sorry it's taking so long to resolve, please let us know how the engineer visit goes

Chris

0 Likes

Message 9 of 147

Have heard from the case handler and, apparently, another engineer will be visiting us tomorrow. Number 7!!!!

I have to say, as an IT Systems Manager of over twenty years, I'd be shot if it took me this long to sort out a network issue!!!!!

Guess that's Openreach for you.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 10 of 147

Hi philipm,

The latest info on our system says that we are due an update from the Openreach case handler some time today so I would think your Complaint Manager will then contact you and let you know what's going on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 11 of 147

Jeez! If you've got system issues, there's no hope for any of us, is there?

Haha!!!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 147

Hi philipm,

We're experiencing some system issues at the moment so I can't check but I'll take a look tomorrow morning

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 147

I can't ring them direct but assume that they will be contacting me once they know that the engineer has been. If there is anything you can do to chase that, then I'd appreciate it. Pretty sure the ladies name was Tam on the technical team.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 14 of 147

Hi philipm,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. Are you still in contact with the CEO complaints manager?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 15 of 147

Hi. Just come back from holiday. Spoke to CEO's technical team whilst away and we have just had engineer number 6 visit. He didn't really do anything and gave the clear impression that he knew of all the issues that ourselves and many of our neighbours have had. His words were something along the lines of - somebody just needs to make a decision.

It's clear to me that Openreach know exactly what the issue is and are stalling sorting it because there will be a cost to them.

As Talk Talk are Openreach's customer I assume you will be applying all the pressure that you can to have the matter escalated and resolved to that your own customers can get off your case.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 16 of 147

Much appreciated.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 17 of 147

Hi philipm

Thanks for the additional information.

I have escalated this over to our CEO's Office and a Complaints Manager will contact you as soon as possible to discuss this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 18 of 147

FYI attached. This is, literally, just around the corner from my house.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 147

I would like it escalated please. Over the last few weeks I have had upload speeds of as low as 0.7 and download as low as 21. talktalk my account line checker reckons I should be getting 35-50 and that ties in with what I used to get before all this started. This has got nothing to do with contention rates and everything to do with faulty cabling somewhere along the line.

I lose the connection at least once a day and sometimes it will take two or three goes before it steadies up again.

For what it's worth, somebody local posted that Openreach were doing some work to clear ducting in preparation for "spine cabling work" so maybe they are working on it but just won't tell us.

In any event; this has been an ongoing problem for about two months, I have had 5 engineers round to my house and we are no further forward. To coin a phrase, it's totally unacceptable and I want a resolution.

Thank you

0 Likes

Message 20 of 147

Hi philipm

Openreach closed this fault last week, they left notes to advise no faults found. I'm really sorry for this.

The next step would be to arrange another engineer visit. Alternatively I can raise a complaint to our CEO's Office so this can be discussed with a Complaints Manager as this fault is still ongoing. Would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes