FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15% speed reduction with new router

philipm
Whizz Kid
Message 147 of 147

I finally got around to installing the replacement router as the old one was having to be rebooted regularly. I have been sent an HG633 rather than the HG635 and it is much slower. A full 15% slower and the wifi signal is not as good. Please can I have a replacement 635?

0 Likes
146 REPLIES 146

Message 21 of 147

Hi philipm

Apologies for this.

I've asked our Network Team to chase Openreach for an update and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 22 of 147

Well; I've heard nothing and there has been no improvement. Perhaps your network team would be able to find out just what Openreach are playing at.

Many thanks

0 Likes

Message 23 of 147

Hi philipm

Apologies for the delays. If you don't receive any further updates from Openreach by Tuesday then we will chase our Network Team for further updates/information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 24 of 147

As I said before, the guy referred up the line and, supposedly, a couple of senior engineers will be looking at cabling in our area over the next couple of days. Clearly haven't done anything yet as this mornings stats were 25 meg down and 0.7 up!!!

I'll come back in the early part of next week if nothing has changed.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 147

Hi philipm

How are you getting on following the engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 26 of 147

Engineer referred the issue up the line and some senior guys will be looking at the cabling in our area towards the end of the week.

Watch this space!!

Regards

0 Likes

Message 27 of 147

Hi philipm

Apologies for the delay.

The engineer visit has been arranged for 15/07/2019 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 28 of 147

Hi philipm,

Apologies, we're currently trying to book the engineer visit for you. I'll contact our Network Team now and will let you know as soon as I know more, apologies again for the confusion.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 29 of 147

Just got a text from Talktalk saying my service issue should have been resolved now. Anyone know what's going on?

0 Likes

Message 30 of 147

Hi philipm

Thanks for the Private Message.

I have passed your availability for an engineer visit over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 31 of 147

Hi philipm

Our Network Team have advised that if all testing has been completed with alternative equipment at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange a Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 32 of 147

So; another day passes... Are we at the stage, now, where I have to start following the formal complaints procedure?

Regards

0 Likes

Message 33 of 147

Hi philipm

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I'm waiting on additional information from our Network Team. I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive this information,

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 34 of 147

OK. That's a whole day now and no news. Where do I take it from here?

0 Likes

Message 35 of 147

Hi philipm

I have requested an update from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 36 of 147

Can I have an update on the Openreach visit please? Connection still highly unstable with dismal and variable speeds.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 147

Hi

We do see this sometimes with Aluminium cabling in an area. 

All customers that have broadband services provided across aluminium lines will have slower speeds in relation to copper as aluminium is not as good a conductor for the required signals.

Unfortunately, until BT Openreach replace the lines not much will change.  They are actively replacing these were they can, but this has financial constraints and we are unable to say when this will happen.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 38 of 147

I'll just throw a bit more into the mix. There seems to be a Facebook group in our village and at least 9 other people in houses within about 200 metres of ours are having issues. Quite clearly, Openreach have a much bigger problem than just something in my home.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 39 of 147

Hi philipm,

Sorry for the delay. Unfortunately we're still experiencing problems booking the engineer. Regarding the aluminium cabling, as far as I'm aware Openreach aren't replacing it at the moment presumably because of the cost as there are many area's with aluminium cabling.

I'll try to get an update from our network team tomorrow regarding the visit

Chris 

0 Likes

Message 40 of 147

Another update for you.

The engineer stated that our cables were aluminium so can't Openreach replace with copper, given that more than one household is having issues? Alternatively, how would I go about getting a second line which would then be run on copper. Just a couple of thoughts.

0 Likes