FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15% speed reduction with new router

philipm
Whizz Kid
Message 147 of 147

I finally got around to installing the replacement router as the old one was having to be rebooted regularly. I have been sent an HG633 rather than the HG635 and it is much slower. A full 15% slower and the wifi signal is not as good. Please can I have a replacement 635?

0 Likes
146 REPLIES 146

Message 41 of 147

There was an Openreach engineer at my next door neighbours house, yesterday evening. He replaced some sort of junction box, feeding both houses, that was full of water, so we are both just monitoring things now. TBH, though, my router did seem to drop a connection just before midnight and the speed hasn't really changed so I'm not really holding out much hope.

Between us, by now, we must have "entertained" the bulk of Openreach's local workforce and I'm not convinced we are much further forward. Is there not a way you can escalate this a little further up their line?

Regards

0 Likes

Message 42 of 147

Hi,

Sorry about this, still waiting for an update, I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

0 Likes

Message 43 of 147

Apologies for the delay, I'll chase this up and let you know

Chris

0 Likes

Message 44 of 147

Got anything on this visit yet?

Whilst I'm on, my wife said that she spotted an Openreach van across the road a couple of days back, so that would suggest that, at least two of my near neighbours have a problem too. On that basis, the engineers are not going to cure it by tramping around my house for the fifth time, are they?

Anyway; I look forward to hearing.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 45 of 147

I'm sorry that you've had to have so many engineer visits. I'll pass on your availability to our network team and let you know when it's booked

Chris

0 Likes

Message 46 of 147

Are we going for a world record here or have your network team got shares in Openreach?

Anyway; as before, any afternoon, other than tomorrow, should be fine.

Cheers.

0 Likes

Message 47 of 147

Hi philipm,

Sorry about this but our network team have advised that we'll need to arrange another engineer visit. If you'd like us to go ahead can you give a couple of dates and time slots when you can be available (please note engineer charges may apply)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 48 of 147

Hi philipm,

I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing problems following the engineer visit. I'll pass this back to our network team and let you know when I have an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 49 of 147

Well; the latest is that it's fallen over a couple of times already and, as you can see from the attached, I currently have an upload speed of 0.6. Clearly still very unstable and four engineers down the line I have no solution. From what I gather, the next door neighbour is having similar issues.

The file names, BTW, are named by date and time

Do you think it's about time this got properly sorted?

0 Likes

Message 50 of 147

Hi philipm,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 51 of 147

Turns out that the bloke next door was having issue too and had already had a couple of engineers round. This latest guy reckoned he'd found a problem down the road from the property and corrected it so we'll just have to monitor and see what happens.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 52 of 147
0 Likes

Message 53 of 147

Cheers for that.

0 Likes

Message 54 of 147

Hi philipm,

Our network team have booked the appointment for : July 01 2019, PM (13:00-18:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 55 of 147

Fortunately, my youngest is back from university so he's available but I really do think it's gone on long enough. Even BT would have been compensating me by now!!!

Obviously; the sooner the better, please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 56 of 147

I'm sorry that we have to arrange another engineer visit. I'll pass on your availability to our network team and let you know when I receive confirmation of the day booked

Chris

0 Likes

Message 57 of 147

So; engineer number 4, eh? Is it the case that you will just keep sending round engineers until one of them decides that the fault is our end and they can charge us to fix it or will they actually put it right this time?

Yes; I accept the engineers charges and they can come round any afternoon.

Thanks, Chris.

0 Likes

Message 58 of 147

Hi philipm,

Our network team have confirmed that to investigate further we'll need to arrange another engineer visit. If you'd like us to go ahead with the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 59 of 147

I'll chase this up with our network team and get back to you when I have an update

Chris

0 Likes

Message 60 of 147

Problems yesterday evening. Couple of disconnects cut off iPlayer and ruined a Minecraft game!!!

Any update for me?

0 Likes