FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15% speed reduction with new router

philipm
Whizz Kid
Message 147 of 147

I finally got around to installing the replacement router as the old one was having to be rebooted regularly. I have been sent an HG633 rather than the HG635 and it is much slower. A full 15% slower and the wifi signal is not as good. Please can I have a replacement 635?

0 Likes
146 REPLIES 146

Message 101 of 147

Hi philipm,

Our network team have apologised for the engineer no show, this appears to be due to a system issue. Would you be able to provide further availability and we'll book the engineer visit directly with Openreach which should stop this happening again 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 102 of 147

Hi philipm,

Sorry about the engineer, I've asked our network team to look into this, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 103 of 147

So; the engineer was a no show. Please could you update me as to what is going to happen now. I think I have been quite patient and cooperative to date but would like it sorted out now without any further inconvenience to me, please.

0 Likes

Message 104 of 147

Ok, Thanks.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 105 of 147

Thanks. Someone will be in. I'll let you know.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 106 of 147

Hi

Appointment booked for Friday 7th PM (1-6) slot.

Regards,

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 107 of 147

Hi

Engineer appointment requested.  Will reply as soon as this is confirmed.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 108 of 147

Well; to coin a phrase - it's all gone quiet over there!!

Is anything happening to sort out the issues I am experiencing?

0 Likes

Message 109 of 147

Hi philipm,

Thanks for the PM, I've replied requesting a bit more information 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 110 of 147

I will accept any charges that may be relevant but an Openreach engineer has already confirmed there is no issue with the internal connections.

Availability is restricted to afternoons on Mondays and Fridays only at the moment, unless it's this week.

0 Likes

Message 111 of 147

Hi philipm,

Our network team have said that the next step will be to arrange another engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've PM'd you to confirm some other details

thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 112 of 147

There's still no update so I'm chasing this up with our network team. If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread again tomorrow

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 113 of 147

OK thanks. If there's still not update later I'll chase it up with our network team

Chris

0 Likes

Message 114 of 147

Thank you. It still drops out constantly. Next to useless some of the time. Very frustrating.

Regards

0 Likes

Message 115 of 147

Hi philipm,

There's no update yet so I'll check again later 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 116 of 147

Thank you. It is definitely still very problematic. Consistently poor.

0 Likes

Message 117 of 147

Hi philipm,

Our Network Team have advised that the line test is detecting a potential fault so they have passed the fault back to BTOR for further investigation. If you don't hear anything more over the weekend then we can re-check this with our Network Team on Monday for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 118 of 147

Hi philipm,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've requested an update from our Network Team now and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 119 of 147

Thanks. Openreach engineer has been. No fault inside the house. He has changed the port and cable in the street cabinet, for good measure, but, and here's the important bit - in his opinion, the fibre to the street cabinet is now seriously overloaded. He felt that there should be about 100 home connections per fibre but estimated that there are about three hundred. Clearly, everyone in the area now has fibre and the infrastructure can't cope. 

As a consequence, it would seem that you are now unlikely to be able to deliver on the speed promised.

I will check on the connection, particularly ping times, when I get home and advise you further. In the meantime, perhaps you could investigate what plans are in place to enhance the infrastructure.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 120 of 147

Hi philipm,

I'm sorry for the delay. I can see that the fault has been raised, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes