FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

15% speed reduction with new router

philipm
Whizz Kid
Message 147 of 147

I finally got around to installing the replacement router as the old one was having to be rebooted regularly. I have been sent an HG633 rather than the HG635 and it is much slower. A full 15% slower and the wifi signal is not as good. Please can I have a replacement 635?

0 Likes
146 REPLIES 146

Message 141 of 147

Just installed new router. Downloads now standing at just under 30mbps. Almost a full 10mbps less than a few weeks ago when this all started. Obviously, I'll let it settle but I find it very hard to imagine that the contention ratio has leapt up so much overnight that I have to suffer a 25% reduction in speed. Something 'aint right somewhere, eh?

0 Likes

Message 142 of 147

Hi philipm,

Line test is showing a lot of disconnections over the weekend, can you test with the new router when it arrives and let us know if there's any improvement

Chris

0 Likes

Message 143 of 147

New router will arrive Monday. In the meantime, replacement HG633 playing up. Drops out sometimes. Other times line speed falls through the floor, particularly the upstream. Are there different issues here? Problem with the line or at the street cabinet?

0 Likes

Message 144 of 147

Hi philipm

The DSL3782 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the speed compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 145 of 147

Thanks Debbie. More than happy to test the DSL3782 to see if I can regain the 6 or 7 meg that I have currently lost so, yes please.

Regards

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 146 of 147

Hi philipm

Apologies, we can now only send a HG633 or DSL3782 router.

Would you like me to send a DSL3782 router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes