FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4Ghz devices periodically dropping off router

Rowan_clarke
Conversation Starter
Message 82 of 82

Since joining TT all of my 2.4Ghz devices have been periodically dropping off wifi and then reconnecting a few minutes later.  This is apparent and logged as I have a Nest doorbell they only works on 2.4Ghz and is only 1m away from the router. Each time the doorbell disconnects I get sent an email notification, of which I have lots now. I have tried changing the wifi channel, first seeing which were free using a wifi analyser.  But this hasnt helped. I suspect I have a faulty router as this never happened with my old Sky router. Is anyone else experiencing the same problems?

Rowan Clarke
81 REPLIES 81

Message 21 of 82

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/WiFi-Hub-dropping-connections-on-2-4Ghz/td-p/2339053

The above post offered alternative firmware, is this an option for me?

On this new router should you try turning off Wifi optimisation to see if that helps? 

I also have my old Sky router, can this be configured to work on TT for testing purposes?  The only problem is that its on 2.4ghz.

Or could you send me a TT router that you know doesnt have these issues?

The main reason i switched to TT was for this router as it was the best in the ISP market, according to TT.

@Michelle-TalkTalk @Chris-TalkTalk @KeithFrench 

Rowan Clarke
0 Likes

Message 22 of 82

@Michelle-TalkTalk 

Issue just happened again 2.4ghz signal dropped and router restarted.

What's going on TT?

Rowan Clarke
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 23 of 82

Hi Rowan,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

Message 24 of 82

New router set up on Sunday morning, so far no issues.

Fingers crossed.

Thanks

Rowan Clarke

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 25 of 82

Hi Rowan,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on 🙂

Thanks

Message 26 of 82

New router received 🙂

Will configure when kids are in bed (hopefully soon 😞 )

Thanks

Rowan Clarke

Message 27 of 82

OK, I've ordered the router, I'll send you a PM with a link to the survey 

Thanks

Chris

Message 28 of 82

@Chris-TalkTalk Thanks

Rowan Clarke
0 Likes

Message 29 of 82

OK thanks, I'll sort that out for you now 🙂

Chris

Message 30 of 82

@Chris-TalkTalk Sure that would be fine, i'm never shy giving feedback 🙂

Rowan Clarke

Message 31 of 82

We are trialing a new way of sending out routers, would you like to take part in the trial, we just ask you to complete a short feedback survey afterwards?

Chris

Message 32 of 82

@Chris-TalkTalk Yes please the issue just happened again.

Many thanks,

Rowan

Rowan Clarke
0 Likes

Message 33 of 82

Hi Rowan,

Apologies for the delay. (I've removed the 'solved' flag)

Line test is clear so would you like me to send another router out to test with?

Chris

Rowan_clarke
Conversation Starter
Message 34 of 82

It looks like this post has been set to solved?!!? Its far from solved. And as yet still no contact from TT. It's going to have to be another painful 3 hours on chat with them going over the same conversation and same steps. I really wish they would respond, but looking at the other tickets they have their hands full and only 3 members of staff. No wonder they are not responding to me!

Rowan Clarke
0 Likes

Message 35 of 82

I have but no reply

Mike
0 Likes

Message 36 of 82

I asked for a router swap and they said I would have to pay for it! " we just need to monitor it for another 24-72 hours" even though this has been going on for months. Thanks for ur help @KeithFrench hopefully they will listen to you as they are certainly not listening to me 

Rowan Clarke
0 Likes

Message 37 of 82

This is why I dropped out of the loop for a while, I was convinced this was an unstable connection, but with the WiFi disappearing as well, I think the router is faulty. However, currently I cannot say that is the only problem.

I will ask the OCEs to consider a router swap out on Monday.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 38 of 82

I promise you they will step in if needed. But not until they are back online on Monday I'm afraid.

Message 39 of 82

if you read the ticket history the "team" never really stepped in.  I dont think they care at all and leave it to you guys who (im guessing) support for no pay

not impressed with TTs technical help at all

Rowan Clarke
0 Likes

Message 40 of 82

So he is and excellent support it is too, but if your router is disconnecting from the wider network rather than just wifi issues then perhaps we need the team to step back in again. What say you @KeithFrench ?