FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4Gz Failing on Sagemcom Fast Routers

GrayCon
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

When Fitting Faster Fibre to my house the engineer set up a Sagemcom Fast 5364 router. This worked well for about half a day and then the 2.4 Ghz band failed completely. Two engineers came around and carried out a factory reset and the 2.4 worked again - for about 4hrs. I reset it again myself with the same result.

I asked for and recieved a replacement router. I installed it  and all was OK. While I was setting up my printer and smart plugs I heard a faint click and the 2.4 band once again vanished.

I carried out a factory reset and the 2.4 band is now still missing

I was wondering if any one else has this type of problem or if I have been unlucky or there is a problem with the Fibre conection box.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi GrayCon,

Thanks for the update, glad the hear that Huawei is working 

Chris

0 Likes

GrayCon
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

Sorry for the delay in closing this topic but I have been away.

The enginineers have not been able to sort out why the 2.4Ghz band on my two Sagemcom routers failed within a few hours of being set up.

I took the decision to re-attach my original "Black " router. This is working giving over 500Mbps on the ethernet conection  and  about 300Mbps on Wifi ( a speed that I consider to be acceptable.)

I am returning the two Sagemcom routers - I hope that they will be looked at and the reason for the failure determined..

I will continue to use the Black router hopefully no problems will develop.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Hi Alan

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the advice. I have now got through to the future fibe technical help. They tried to up date the latest router and it appears that it is now "bricked". The original router has been put back into service for the time being while they investigate the problem further. They have arranged to get back to me tomorrow (Mon) and I hope we will be able to sorth things out.

If the results are of any intrest to the community I will update the post in due course.

Alan

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

I think that the first step is to get it upgraded to firmware V0130. If that does not fix it, then it may be a hardware issue on the router. Only TalkTalk can address these issues, so I will ask their Technical Support team to pick this up. Hopefully, this will be tomorrow.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 8

The GUI indicates that both the 5 & 2.4Ghz are up. The 2.4 at 450Mbps and the 5 at 2200Mbps

Checking using my phone app and the conection sreen of the printer etc  confirms that there is nothing being broadcast. on the 2.4 (the 5Ghz Band is fine)

The software verion of the current router (Sagemcom Fast 5364-4.T8) is SG4K100124

That of the previous router (Sagemcom Fast 5364-3.T8 is SG4K10002816t

Hope this throws some light on the situation

Alan

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

If you log in to the router, does it say that the band is disabled? What firmware is it running?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes