FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 months free - Loss of service after that for 1 week

devsteam
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi all,

I had a fibre 500mbit 3-month free setup and yesterday I got a 2nd eero through the door which surprised me.

Overnight, my fibre internet stopped working, WAN DHCP lease wouldn't give me any IP. I had no internet.

Spoke with 2 support team members over the chat function (after following all the "scripted" stuff) and none of them could identify the issue (even though, I said to them we are simply not getting any internet from you - no DHCP) - ONT lights were all good.

And after that, I went on a call with the support team - as they thought there was nothing wrong with my service based on the ticket, to find out that they had cancelled my contract after the 3 months and that's it.

Loss of service, take your 8 pounds sir and I have to wait now 3 to 5 days (or more who knows now) to get the fibre reconfigured. 

Some automated system must have dispatched an eero to me (along with a bag to return my previous router for recycling!? so now I need to return what, the 1st eero?).

I know this won't help my situation but it might help others that may experience the same. 

Someone at TalkTalk needs to review why all this has happened and put some blockers before they simply terminate a live connection.

Unable to work from home for 1 week now, and have to rely on 4g for video calls and teams meetings, trying to be patient but I would expect this goes into a P1 priority in the customer service department.

Thanks

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

devsteam
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Hi Michelle,

Looks up this morning. Problem solved.

Thanks to anyone involved.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Please can you add your name and FTTP order number to your Community Profile and we can pass this to our Future Fibre Team for you. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes