FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4 Weeks an getting worse

1nvisiblade
Popular Poster
Message 18 of 18

So 4 weeks ago I contacted TT about the speed of my broadband.

It's been dropping every week since.

Online chat doesn't help one bit, an just keep going around in circles.

Like have you moved your router etc etc.

Everytime I tell them my router hasn't moved in the 2 years I've been with Talktalk.

Started off with great speeds (for my area) 50mb+

Since I recently resigned to TT, my speeds are now less than 35mb over 2 last weeks.

An today my speed is actually worse than dial up.

My router is on 24hours a day (chat keep asking if i turn it off?)

Todays speed via the router dashboard 5.7mb Down / 5.1mb Up

It's getting beyond a joke.

Tj
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17

Message 1 of 18

Hi 1nvisiblade

No problem. Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 2 of 18

Thank you for your help.

Tj

Tj

Message 3 of 18

Hi 1nvisiblade

Thanks for your reply.

The engineer visit has been arranged for 23/10 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 18

Hi.

Pm is generally better for me.

an ok about the charges

Tj

Message 5 of 18

Hi 1nvisiblade

Thanks for confirming your details. Please can you also confirm possible engineer charges and provide your availability for this visit AM and PM?

Debbie

Message 6 of 18

Hi 1nvisiblade

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 7 of 18

That would be great thank you

Tj

Message 8 of 18

OK, we can arrange an engineer visit to take a look at this for you. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details with you

Chris

Message 9 of 18

Hi,

I don't have a house phone to test with, haven't had one since I moved in here lol.

My router is plugged into the socket with the faceplate removed with a filter (as instructed by online chat.) I'm not sure if the socket does have a test socket it's the mk4 5c socket.

It has improved slightly an my connection is as follows, but still not getting anywhere near my old speeds. The best I've got is pictured below.

I have noticed it is also restarting / resetting itself during the day / night.

Screenshot 2020-10-16 133237.png

Regards

Tj

Tj
0 Likes

Message 10 of 18

Hi 1nvisiblade,

Thanks for trying that. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

Is your router currently connected to your test socket if you have one?

Chris

Message 11 of 18

Left off while I went out for an hour.

Connection is just as bad.

123456.png

An just done your network status through my account an got the same as i got this morning.

1730.png

Tj
0 Likes

Message 12 of 18

Message 13 of 18

Sure.

Will do it in the next 15 mins.

An let you know.

Tj
0 Likes

Message 14 of 18

Thanks for updating, Line test is clear and your line profile isn't restricting your speed to 10Mbps so could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and test. Please let us know how you get on  

Thanks

Chris

Message 15 of 18

Hi Chris,

I have just updated my profile.

So the last couple of days my speed will not go above 10mb.

I did have 16mb at one point but my connection decided to die an reset itself.

I have left my router off over night while so it would have a decent reset, slightly longer than the 20 min needed.

Turned it back on when I woke to get 10mb again.

Screenshot 2020-10-14 142812.png

The above is about the best i'm going to get.

An below is the worst I've got a couple of days ago.

Screenshot_2020-10-12_113633.png

regards

Tj

Tj
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 18

Hi 1nvisiblade,

Welcome to the Community 

If you still need assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 17 of 18

Hi @1nvisiblade ,

You may well have done these checks (or the online chat people may have), but just in case you haven't...

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a day or two.