FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

400 Bad Request

shropshirelad1
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hello 

I start facing a lot in the last 48 hours with the following error message. 400 Bad Request and after searching finds it a problem with the broadband. All the post I found in the community is asking to update the information and then no reply.

Can you send me any instructions on how to fix it?

The same issue was with my friend a few weeks ago but on different broadband and was just tick a box.

Really appreciate it.

Regards,

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi shropshirelad1

Apologies for the delay.

Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for 10 seconds?

If you have tested this and you are still experiencing this fault then please let us know and we can send a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

paulshent
Community Star
Message 2 of 4

Try this. The browser you are using is the issue

1. Clear your browser's cookies, especially if you're getting a Bad Request error with a Google service. Many sites report a 400 error when a cookie it's reading is corrupt or too old.

2. Clear your DNS cache, which should fix the 400 Bad Request error if it's being caused by outdated DNS records that your computer is storing. Do this in Windows by executing this command from a Command Prompt window:

ipconfig /flushdns

shropshirelad1
First Timer
Message 3 of 4

401 Unauthorized

Your client does not have permission to get URL /cgi-bin/index.asp from this server.

When I tried open talktalk.co.uk

0 Likes