FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 days without Internet - Over 6hrs on the phone.

LuckNeverCounts
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

Hi

My Router stopped working 7 days ago (1 day after talk talk done a firmware update on it due to it not connecting to my VPN for work).

Since then I've spent over 6hrs on the phone with an extremely incompetent customer service team apart from 1 girl (Leah) who was very helpful.

I've since been sent out an Eero box that I received this morning and it's still not connecting to the Internet? 

However, there is a chance I'm not connecting it to the correct equipment?

It says to connect to the Modem? Is this the black box on the wall with the 4 lights on?

I'm losing my mind here. A week without Internet or TV (we only use Netflix and Youtube) so it's been a nightmare...

Adam
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi,

Ok thank you for confirming and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

LuckNeverCounts
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 10

Thank you.

I'm due a call back today at 1pm and hoping to get CityFubre engineer out to me.

Adam
0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi,

Thanks for trying this. If their is also no connection directly at the ONT then it sounds like it could be the connection itself and not the router. I'd recommend live chatting our Future Fibre Team directly now so they can run some tests on the line. I've included a Help Guide below which has the link directly to the Live Chat Team at the bottom of the page.

Guide to Future Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk

Thanks

0 Likes

LuckNeverCounts
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 10

The Router model is

Sagemcom

FAST5364-3. T8

I tried connected the cable from the ONT straight in to a laptop ethernet port and I still get no Internet connection.

Adam
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi,

Can I just confirm, the make and model of the 2 routers please as we may have some settings that can be changed? Does your connection work ok if you connect directly to the ONT box?

Thanks

0 Likes

LuckNeverCounts
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 10

Hi Michelle

I had already done this and have actually tried 2 Brand New Routers as well...

Thats why I was then told "I must change to an Eero box with the Fibre500..." however now I've received the Eero box and it isn't connecting to the Internet. 

Adam
0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hello,

Can I just confirm, what is the make and model of the router that you were originally using please? Could you try factory resetting the original router then leave it powered down for a full 30 minutes and then try re-connecting this router again please.

Thanks

0 Likes

LuckNeverCounts
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 10

Hi Karl

This is what I've done and still no Internet connection being found.

Adam
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi

The black box with the lights on, will be the ONT. basically the modem for the fibre connection.  You should connect the Eero to this with an ethernet cable. 

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes