FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

72 hours still no call. Not had internet since phone went live.

gmwatts
Team Player
Message 4 of 4

Ok so I've been waiting for a service I have been expecting since the 7th. My go live date ended up being the 13th- only for you to tell me it's actually 5 days after that, which was the 18th (why is it acceptable for you to be so confident that you call it a "go live" date when actually it doesn't mean that at all?). My phone line went live, and on my TalkTalk router there was a green light above broadband, but a red light above Internet.

Open Reach came out and confirmed my line had an excellent connection... But that it looked like there was an authentication problem on YOUR end.

You sent me a new router, and it had EXACTLY the same problem as the previous one.

You said you would try to contact me and rectify it within 72 hours, and STILL haven't done so.

I paid £25 at the end of last month and haven't had a day of internet service. £4 of that is a ridiculous TalkTalk TV charge that doesn't give me anything, only the option to buy TV boosts and watch iPlayer within Youview. I was hoping to remove this charge anyway- but even then it is entirely useless to me with no broadband anyway!

I don't think I want to be a customer anymore, but you will likely charge me £75 for the privilege of leaving this awful contract. If enforcing this charge is the only way you can think of to keep me from leaving as a customer, while not actually providing the service I pay for, then it says a lot about you as a company.

When will I finally receive the service I have already paid for?

Just trying to fix problems and geek out.
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 4

Hi gmwatts,

Our Network Team have advised that a possible line fault has been detected so I've passed this over to Openreach now for this to be investigated. We should receive an update back within the next 48-72hrs. Could you request an update here on Thursday and we can re-check for an update for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 4

Hi gmwatts,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've requested an update from our Network Team and will let you know as soon as I receive an update back.

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes