FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A nightmare to end all Nightmares - any suggestions???

JW20s
First Timer
Message 29 of 29

Too cut a very long story short, so far have spent at least 50 hours on phone/chat with talktalk and keep going round in circles, numerous complaints, still outstanding.

2011 to June 2021 - With Talktalk on Fibre35 (35mb speed)

but then

6/6 signed up for NOW broadband Fibre 65 from Talktalk - 
21/6 switched routers to NOW from Talktalk  
29/6 NOW cancelled and i lost broadband/phoneline went dead
29/6 NOW said Talktalk refused the line
29/6 Talktalk said NOW fault
29/6 sign up for NOW again it gets cancelled 2 days later
5/7 Talktalk send Openreach out
5/7 Openreach restore line, but a copper connection so only 8mb speed/plug talktalk router back in - so without any service for 8 days
8/7 sign up for NOW again, it gets cancelled again on 15/7
9/7 i call Talktalk who say i am no longer a customer
14/7 NOW are contacting Openreach to find out why my line isn't being transferred to them
15/7 i have now spent over 15 hours talking and chatting with NOW and Talktalk to get this resolved.
15/7 i have been unable to sign into my talktalk account for 2 weeks now, resetting password never works
19/7 Sign up to Fibre 65 with Talktalk
22/7 Get email from Talktalk saying Fibre 65 cancelled as they cannot transfer because of a fault
23/7 Tried again to get Fibre 65, they say they cant do it
24/7 to today 20/09/2021 - have tried multiple times to get to Fibre 65 with Talktalk and every time order eventually gets cancelled, they have even ordered a new line to be installed which Openreach refused to do as i already have a line that the 3 Openreach engineers have all said will have no issues going to Fibre65.

So in all i placed 5 orders with NOW and 9 so far with Talktalk all of which have been cancelled, Because i cant speak to Openreach directly i am going round in circles, can anyone help please?

Current status awaiting a call from complaints who will get me to reorder for a new line (which wont work)

Cheers

talktalk
0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

Message 1 of 29

well done JW20s great what youve done, shocking that you had to go about doing this just to get your internet working. Shame on Openreach/TT well done the customer. Great result. leason for us all FIGHT BACK

JW20s
First Timer
Message 2 of 29

Maybe finally getting somewhere, letter to local MP seems to have worked, MP has contacted Openreach High Level Escalations who in turn contacted Talktalk CEO direct and within 1 hour it all may have been resolved other than the billing side. I have been right all along, the 1st processed order back in June never built properly hence all subsequent orders failed, if Talktalk customer services was UK based im sure all this would have been resolved months ago....  So moral to story is if you know somebody high up it will get dealt with very quickly.  More updates to follow.

talktalk

Message 3 of 29

Hi JW20s,

Thanks for the update, I'm really sorry this is taking so long to resolve, 

Chris

0 Likes

JW20s
First Timer
Message 4 of 29

Nightmare gets worse..............called today by complaints just to say its still with CEO complaints, told them that 1st fibre65 bill is all wrong, they say they can do nothing and then spend OVER 100 minutes being passed from pillar to post ending up with them signing me up to a new fibre 65 deal!!!!! To then cap it i get another bill in the post for fast broadband advanced to November 10th!!!!! I then spend 80 minutes on chat stating that this is wrong , they kept saying ive got 2 live accounts!! I said why would i have 2? In the end they stated another complaint raised and fast broadband should be cancelled....its now beyond the joke.

talktalk

Message 5 of 29

Hi JW20s,

It looks as though the person dealing with your complaint is waiting for an update, I'll check again later and get back to you

Chris

JW20s
First Timer
Message 6 of 29

well noone rang and had another 2 txts saying now 13/10!! Also had first bill in and its completely wrong in all accounts!

talktalk

Message 7 of 29

Hi JW20s,

I'm sorry about that, did you get the call?

Chris

0 Likes

bigkenny
Problem Solver
Message 8 of 29

I think you already know it’s like being on a roller coaster ride dealing with TT so all good fun!

JW20s
First Timer
Message 9 of 29

LOL, just had a text to say complaints will call me 1600-1800 Monday,  but i had arranged with Emily to have the call between 12 and 2!! Whats the point of asking me if you are going to change it??

talktalk
0 Likes

Message 10 of 29

Hi JW20s,

Have you received a further call since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

JW20s
First Timer
Message 11 of 29

Talktalk rang me today, answered phone and after 2 seconds they cut off! Its impossible to ring back as the complaints number is just customer services who cant transfer you comaplints!! Terrible service.

talktalk

Message 12 of 29

Hi JW20s,

I've sent you a PM to confirm some details so that we can discuss the issue further

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 13 of 29

Hi Chris, Nope my old number of 11 years in there. Havent had that promised call yet from Complaints.

talktalk
0 Likes

Message 14 of 29

Hi JW20s,

Could I just ask, is the telephone number in your community profile your current TalkTalk landline telephone number?

Chris

0 Likes

JW20s
First Timer
Message 15 of 29

Well the complaints team know about it but its pot luck if they ever call, terrible really.

Today i managed to log into my account and guess what , its shows the wrong telephone number, not the one i had for 10 years but the one from the 1st new line order that failed!!  Openreach didn't even tell me what my new number was going to be!! Also i have tried to ring my old number and that still rings!!

talktalk
0 Likes

Message 16 of 29

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Are the Complaints Team still looking into this for you?

Thanks

0 Likes

JW20s
First Timer
Message 17 of 29

Well today, Openreach got my Fibre 65 live, The big downside was that i lost my telephone number of 11 years for a new one, also the download speed is topping out at 48mb which is slow, is 106 days late for a Go Live date a record?

Jason

talktalk
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 18 of 29

Hi JW20s

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Have you been contacted by our Complaints Team?

0 Likes

JW20s
First Timer
Message 19 of 29

martswain (Philosopher) - Wjen openreach have visited each time (3 times) they have said there is plenty of port space and said they have even labelled it up ready to go. When they come for the 4th time i will lose my number i have had for 11 years !!

talktalk
0 Likes

Message 20 of 29

@JW20s Thanks for clarifying. This has been flagged to the support team and they will advise as soon as they can when they are back online on Monday.  

0 Likes