FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACCESS QoS Menu?

megmog29
Conversation Starter
Message 13 of 13

Is there anyway to access the QoS menu on the DG8041W-2 Huawei Router? I am having packet loss issues and was told best way is to check my QoS on this router

Josh
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Closing as duplicate thread, please can you post on your original topic on the Community.   Thanks

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 2 of 13

No worries, same to you.  🙂

0 Likes

megmog29
Conversation Starter
Message 3 of 13

Oh okay. Hopefully I get a response 

thanks and enjoy the rest of your weekend 

Josh

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 13

They will respond right here on this thread as soon as they can after they are back online tomorrow. 

0 Likes

megmog29
Conversation Starter
Message 5 of 13

Is there anyway to ensure the team get in touch? Every time I speak to customer services they have NO idea what they are talking about and keep thinking I am talking about my connection speed dropping which it isn’t. I feel like I need to speak to someone who actually knows what they’re talking about 

Josh
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 13

@Birchcroft Yeah, but it may help if the support team can identify an underlying problem, rather than trying to tweak it away.

@megmog29 I continue to suggest that you await a support team response, especially before spending money on kit that may not necessarily resolve the issue.

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 7 of 13

@megmog29 Using your own does have a number of advantages if you want control over your network connection.  But don't forget TalkTalk won't be able to provide support, although members of the forum might be able to depending on which router you buy.  Also if you are a fibre 35 or 65 customer you will need either a router with a built-in modem, or a separate modem.

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 13

Or you could wait for the support team to see if they can help with your packet loss issue.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

I guess I am gonna have to just get my own router and that way I can play around with things

Josh
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 10 of 13

I agree with @martswain 

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 11 of 13

I don't believe you can. The TalkTalk support team will advise further when they are back online from Monday. 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 12 of 13

I don't think there is one, but @KeithFrench will probably be able to confirm my suspicions.