FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AVM FRITZ!Box 7583 g.fast connection

Angel9
First Timer
Message 3 of 3

I've got a g.fast connection, g.fast faceplate and the above g.fast capable router. I have set it up and it works fine with the Openreach modem. However, I want to remove the modem from the set up to connect the FRITZ!Box directly to the g.fast socket. I have tried upteen permutations and none have given me a connection, i.e. I have tried

Has anyone been able to make their own router work on a g.fast network? If so, I'd like to see the details that made it work. I followed https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/G-Fast-amp-the-Zyxel-XMG3927-B50A/td-p/2768197 but that hasn't worked for me. Can anyone help? Cheers!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Message 1 of 3

Ah, now that I didn't do. I will try that next. Thank you very much.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 3

Hi

We do use network authentication so it should not matter what details are in the router directly.

When connecting the fritz box, did you leave the modem disconnected for 30 minutes to allow any current session to close.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes