FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon fire stick not connecting to their server

Heather2019
Participant
Message 38 of 38

Ever since I joined TalkTalk, my fire stick hasn't worked.  TalkTalk blame Amazon and Amazon blame TalkTalk.  I've had the fire stick replaced and spent 2 hours on the phone to TalkTalk and still not resolved.  The fire stick connects to the internet with a good/very good signal, but can't connect to the Amazon server.  BUT when I use my phone as a hotspot, the fire stick connects with their server and will play movies.  This tells me that it's something wrong with my Hub router.  Is there something in the settings on my Hub stopping my fire stick from connecting to the Amazon server?

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 1 of 38

Hi Heather2019,

How are you getting on? Has the router arrived? 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 38

Will do. Thank you

0 Likes

Message 3 of 38

No Problem 🙂

Let me know when it arrives and I'll take a look from here.

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 4 of 38

Thank you Karl. Fingers crossed that it behaves better than the hub.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 38

Hi

OK, this is a strange issue and also I cannot see any authentication logs from the router side.

I'll get a HG633 router to you as this is a different model, and I can see if this behaves differently.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 38

Not changed anything, Karl.  Done the usual switch off wait, switch on etc. Used the filter provided etc

0 Likes

Message 7 of 38

Hi Heather,

can I ask if you have made any changes to the router, have you changed any of the wifi settings or changed the wifi name or channels etc ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 8 of 38

No I haven’t. I’m using the hub that was delivered to me.  This is the second hub that was sent to me. 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 38

Hi Heather2019,

I'm sorry for the delay. Have you ever tested with a HG633 router or just the wifi hub?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 38

Hi. I know it’s been a while, still having issues.  As it had been mentioned that using a Chromecast and Netflix and Prime working, I went and bought one.  What a surprise!  Netflix and Prime can’t load!  I know it’s not my tv/iPhone or Chromecast, as I can cast BBC iPlayer, itv hub and YouTube with no problems at all!  To me, it comes across that talk talk want me to fork out for their tv package by somehow blocking me using what I want to use. I have even put the tv in the hall right next to the hub to see if it would work, just to prove a point! Seriously considering leaving talk talk, paying what ever charge there is, just to get a decent service.  I am not the only one in my town who have the same problem and wish they’d not signed up with talktalk 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 38

Hi Heather,

I'm really sorry about this but I'm unable to send the router. Could you contact customer services, they'll be able to discuss this with you

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 38

Yes please. What do I do with the 2 I’ve got already?

0 Likes

Message 13 of 38

Thanks for trying the other filter. Unfortunately I'm still unable to communicate with your router. I can send a different make and model of router to test with if you like, would you like me to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 38

I hadn’t originally changed the filter. Have changed the filter and was already using the new cable that came with the hub

0 Likes

Message 15 of 38

Hi Heather2019,

Could you try a different filter please.

Are you using the new cables provided with the new router?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 38

Only one socket, one phone line. Both hub and phone plugged into the filter 

0 Likes

Message 17 of 38

Hi Heather2019,

Unfortunately we still can't communicate with your router.

Do you just have the one telephone socket with a phone and the router connected to it via a micro-filter? No other sockets? No other telephone devices?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 38

It is connected directly into the filter you provided then directly into the main phone socket

0 Likes

Message 19 of 38

Hi

Still having difficulty seeing the router on line.  Can I just check something with you.

Do you have the router connected directly to the phone socket or do you have one of the older  BT Modems connected first then the router into this ?

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 20 of 38

It’s ready to check

0 Likes