FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon fire stick not connecting to their server

Heather2019
Participant
Message 38 of 38

Ever since I joined TalkTalk, my fire stick hasn't worked.  TalkTalk blame Amazon and Amazon blame TalkTalk.  I've had the fire stick replaced and spent 2 hours on the phone to TalkTalk and still not resolved.  The fire stick connects to the internet with a good/very good signal, but can't connect to the Amazon server.  BUT when I use my phone as a hotspot, the fire stick connects with their server and will play movies.  This tells me that it's something wrong with my Hub router.  Is there something in the settings on my Hub stopping my fire stick from connecting to the Amazon server?

0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 21 of 38

Hi Heather

An update has been scheduled.  Can you power off the router at the mains for 30 seconds then power back on.  When the router is online it should pick up the firmware update.

Please let me know when you have done this and I'll check.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 22 of 38

Hi Heather.

Still unable to connect to the router to update the firmware.  I've emailed our device manager to see if he can schedule an automatic update of the router at next reboot.

I'll let you know soon.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 38

I have factory reset the hub

0 Likes

Message 24 of 38

Hi Heather,

Thanks for the update. I've tried to update the firmware to the latest version, however this was unsuccessful. Could you factory reset the router and let us know once this has been completed and we can try this again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 25 of 38

Hi. I have. Not having any joy with it. Went onto the hub dashboard and it says under MAINTENANCE in the software update that to update I need a software image file??  The version currently on the hub is SKG4K10001400t

0 Likes

Message 26 of 38

Hi Heather2019,

How are you getting on, have you received the router yet?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 38

Channel 1 or 4

0 Likes

Message 28 of 38

Hi, Just out of interest which wireless channel are you using?

I had the same issue with my firestick when I used channel 11 but any other worked fine.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 38

No Problem 🙂

Should arrive in a day or two, give it a test and let me know.

Thanks

Karl. 

Karl 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 30 of 38

Thank you. Fingers crossed 

0 Likes

Message 31 of 38

Hi

Ok, replacement router on the way so we can see if it is a hardware issue.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 32 of 38

Hi. I have done the pin reset and still no joy

0 Likes

Message 33 of 38

Hi

There will be nothing in the router firewall settings that would stop this.

I've both a firestick and chromecast stick at home using a Hub without issues.

Did you try the pin reset - if this has hailed then I would suggest we swap out the router just to rule the hardware out.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Message 34 of 38

Hi Karl

I have the Wi-Fi Hub. Have changed the DNS as suggested, and still no joy. Have also changed the names of the 2.4GHz and 5GHz to see if that helps too - still no joy.  Is there something in the firewall that may be stopping it contact the Amazon server?

0 Likes

Message 35 of 38

Hi

What model router are you using ?

Have you tried a pin reset of the router - hold a pin or paperclip in the reset hole at the back for 10 seconds and this will fully reset the router. 

Give this a try and if not working, log into the router and change the DNS to 8.8.8.8  &  8.8.4.4 and see if this helps.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 36 of 38

Hi Chris

Still not working.  Even disconnected the fire stick at the same time for it to reset and still no joy.  I had no problems with my fire stick connecting when I was with my previous broadband provider.  Regretting changing to TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 37 of 38

Hi Heather2019,

Welcome to the Community

Can you first of all switch your router off for at least 30 minutes then switch back on and retest - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes