FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon tech pack code invalid and mis-sold speed

Pembs
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

I clicked the link in the email you sent me, for the free "Ring indoor cam"

I then copy-paste code into the promotional codes box

Received:-

!The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.

Hmm,

Tried again but manually typed in the code 

Computer says no, the exact same error as above.

It seems I'm not alone in having this issue

I initially ordered and was approved Fibre150, had BTOpenworld Engineer clambering around my house installing new equipment and a new telephone number was required for Fibre150 but was then informed that TalkTalk are unable to supply me with Fibre150 so after some irritating phone calls of me going around in circles I agreed to a contract for Fibre65. Loads of hassle at the start of the contract and a new home phone number now this issue. I tried to phone as I'm well within my rights to cancel but was threatened with an early contract termination fee of 85 pounds?

Then promised I'd receive a call back from customer services, still waiting. very funny, not happy.

3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Glad to help with the amazon issue, Have you posted in our Broadband/ fibre section, the team can help you out.

0 Likes

Pembs
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

Thankyou very much for clearing that up Arne, it was indeed a pushy Maplin store (remember those nightmare shops)

Now it has chosen Amazon EU Sarl it has worked.

What do you think would be the best way to resolve my other issue?, The mis-sold speed problem.

Should I wait again for a third day for a callback from customer services or shall I call again, with a possible wait of half-hour listening to that dreadful music. I'm sure someone is listening to me, waiting for me to sing along, well that isn't going to happen until my issue is resolved.

Thanks again Arne 😉

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi Pembs

Amazons site is not defaulting to the Official product, but to the promoted seller, Ensure that the product is showing as  being supplied "By Dispatched from and sold by Amazon EU Sarl." and not appliance direct.  

if you are using a browser go to the bottom right and see 

The code will work then.