FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amber light still flashing 12 hours after email saying line was ready

Willbrown91
First Timer
Message 22 of 22

Got my email this morning, around 7:30, plugged everything in and turned router on. It's been nearly 12 hours and the light is still flashing amber, not even amber/white, should it take this long for first time setup? Or is there a connection issue? Line issue? Or something else?

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Willbrown91

No I would suggest leaving everything connected in your normal set up.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 22

Ok, thank you. Should I disconnect everything until then?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi Willbrown91

I have arranged the engineer visit for 16/05 AM (8am - 1pm) This was the first available appointment.

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 22

It will be a home visit. If you'd like us to arrange the engineer can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 22

Yes I'd like it. I need to be able to get online to do work. Would this be a home visit or a remote engineer?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

OK thanks. If there's still no dial tone with the telephone connected to the test socket then we'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Willbrown91
First Timer
Message 7 of 22

I have removed the cover and attached the phone directly. I'm still getting nothing

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

That's the one where you remove the cover and attach inside correct? If so, I did this earlier when I saw Michelle's reply. I will do it again though

0 Likes

Message 9 of 22

OK, have you tried connecting your telephone to the test socket, if not then can you give this a try

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

It's a master socket 5c with the removable part to get inside

0 Likes

Message 11 of 22

Could you take a look at the following help article and let me know which type of master socket you have - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

I have just the one, and it's plugged in a socket labeled as the master socket

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi Willbrown91,

How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you just have the router and one telephone connected?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 22

I'm getting nothing from the phone through the filter or directly in the socket

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test is detecting a potential voice fault. If there is no dial tone at the test socket then please let us know as we will need to raise the voice fault first as this will affect the broadband connection.

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 16 of 22

Yep, for it to not be connecting yet feels like something is wrong, it would not normally be this late without getting the amber/white light

0 Likes

Willbrown91
First Timer
Message 17 of 22

Ah, so something could possibly be wrong as it's not gone to the amber/white light yet? I'm going to grab a phone and give the phone a try

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 18 of 22

Yeah, it can in theory take until the end of the day, but usually you would expect to get the amber/white flashing light once Openreach had connected you up, rather than the amber flashing light you are seeing. But if you can get a handset then calling 17070 would be good, to make sure the line works and has the phone number shown in My Account.

0 Likes

Willbrown91
First Timer
Message 19 of 22

I will try the getting a phone and testing for a dial tone.

I've spoken to an agent through the web chat and they have said it can take a whole day from the activation for everything to be fully connected with the line. So I'll give it until tomorrow morning before trying everything else.

Got thrown off by the email saying it would only take a few minutes after plugging the router in.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 20 of 22

Hi @Willbrown91,

Can you ensure that the cable that connects the router to the phone socket is firmly attached.

Can you ensure that you have used the new cables and microfilter (if required) supplied with your router to connect it to the phone socket.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line). Can you also dial 17070, this will read back the phone number of the line, can you ensure this is the number you expect (i.e. the number displayed in 'My Account').

Have you tried switching the router off and back on, or you could even try a factory reset by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds.

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is to be provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

@fr8ys Ooops, we were both replying at the same time !!