FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling customer service - On Trustpilot Becky suggested posting the problem in the community

sonian
First Timer
Message 7 of 7

Reply from TalkTalk
Hi Soni,

I can see that you've had a bad experience and I'm truly sorry about what's happened. We'd like to make sure this gets sorted. If you contact my team directly over Twitter (@TalkTalk), we'll look straight into this for you. You can also reach us on our Online Community (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/) or on our Help & Support page (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Chat/bd-p/socialchat) 

Thanks, 
Becky - TalkTalk Social Team

Appalling service - Didn't belief service could be this bad but I do now !

Joined TalkTalk in July after looking around a various offers. Found Quidco was offering £85 cashback for new Faster Fibre contacts so used the link to sign up to TalkTalk.

I didn't have an active BT line as I was a cable customer, so TalkTalk agreed to install a new line which happened as planned on 25/7. Unfortunately, the contractor employed by Openreach reported there was an issue which required a further visit from an actual Openreach engineer.

TalkTalk let me know that this would delay my activation a little and by chance I bumped into the Openreach engineer outside my property on 28/7. He explained that there was no physical line connection due to a fault, to which I explained twas strange because the phone was working, albeit with a new number not my transfered number. In disbelief be asked to check the line from inside the property, which was indeed connected, but to the wrong point in the street cabinet i.e. I was physically connected to someone else's phone line ! He corrected all of this, explaining that he was appalled by the standard of work carried out by the contractor, however everything was now correct, tested and all working correctly. 

That was on the 28/7 and it's now 1/9 but I still do not have an activated service. Despite numerous live chats and phone call with TalkTalk's overseas call centres, it appears my order is stuck in TalkTalk's internal systems. I've been told on four occasions, the last time by phone on 23/8, that this has been escalated and the service would be working within 48 hours. Guess what it isn't and each time I call, I get the same response. Used live chat again 1/9 and once again told "your service is not active but don't worry, I'll raise an escalation ticket and it will be working within 48 hours" !!!!!!!! They can't answer why the previous escalation tickets haven't achieved this.

I also informed TalkTalk that I am only available after 6pm weekdays due to work rules around using the phone, yet they continue to contact me at anytime but this. At present I've spent over 4 hours on the phone, live chat and email, yet I'm no further forward.

To add insult to injury, Quidco has informed me that my £85 cash back has been declined by TalkTalk and there's no way they can query this.

Also, because of the delay many of the good deals from competitors have now ended, so binning TalkTalk also leaves me financially disadvantaged.

I've had such a poor experience and feel utterly deceived as well as out of pocket. I would not recommend TalkTalk as its reputation for appalling customer service is well reserved,

@Tristia Harrison - Maybe the office of the CEO would like to comment.

6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Greywolf,

I'm sorry to hear that your're unhappy with your service you've received, if you'd like us take a look at this for you can you compete your  Community Profile and we'll be happy to help

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Greywolf
First Timer
Message 2 of 7

@sonian wrote:

Reply from TalkTalk
Hi Soni,

I can see that you've had a bad experience and I'm truly sorry about what's happened. We'd like to make sure this gets sorted. If you contact my team directly over Twitter (@TalkTalk), we'll look straight into this for you. You can also reach us on our Online Community (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/) or on our Help & Support page (https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Chat/bd-p/socialchat) 

Thanks, 
Becky - TalkTalk Social Team

Appalling service - Didn't belief service could be this bad but I do now !

Joined TalkTalk in July after looking around a various offers. Found Quidco was offering £85 cashback for new Faster Fibre contacts so used the link to sign up to TalkTalk.

I didn't have an active BT line as I was a cable customer, so TalkTalk agreed to install a new line which happened as planned on 25/7. Unfortunately, the contractor employed by Openreach reported there was an issue which required a further visit from an actual Openreach engineer.

TalkTalk let me know that this would delay my activation a little and by chance I bumped into the Openreach engineer outside my property on 28/7. He explained that there was no physical line connection due to a fault, to which I explained twas strange because the phone was working, albeit with a new number not my transfered number. In disbelief be asked to check the line from inside the property, which was indeed connected, but to the wrong point in the street cabinet i.e. I was physically connected to someone else's phone line ! He corrected all of this, explaining that he was appalled by the standard of work carried out by the contractor, however everything was now correct, tested and all working correctly. 

That was on the 28/7 and it's now 1/9 but I still do not have an activated service. Despite numerous live chats and phone call with TalkTalk's overseas call centres, it appears my order is stuck in TalkTalk's internal systems. I've been told on four occasions, the last time by phone on 23/8, that this has been escalated and the service would be working within 48 hours. Guess what it isn't and each time I call, I get the same response. Used live chat again 1/9 and once again told "your service is not active but don't worry, I'll raise an escalation ticket and it will be working within 48 hours" !!!!!!!! They can't answer why the previous escalation tickets haven't achieved this.

I also informed TalkTalk that I am only available after 6pm weekdays due to work rules around using the phone, yet they continue to contact me at anytime but this. At present I've spent over 4 hours on the phone, live chat and email, yet I'm no further forward.

To add insult to injury, Quidco has informed me that my £85 cash back has been declined by TalkTalk and there's no way they can query this.

Also, because of the delay many of the good deals from competitors have now ended, so binning TalkTalk also leaves me financially disadvantaged.

I've had such a poor experience and feel utterly deceived as well as out of pocket. I would not recommend TalkTalk as its reputation for appalling customer service is well reserved,

@Tristia Harrison - Maybe the office of the CEO would like to comment.

I have been a customer for 15yrs and was mystified to read the poor reviews from people who had problems. Now that I have had problems since September 2018 I know exactly what they mean! I have spent hours on the chat and phone with very polite advisors, but the resolutions are never permanant. Following three visits from BT engineers who identified line problems I had an actual Talktalk engineer visit last Friday. He carried out tests using his equipment and we both saw that I wasn't getting the speeds that I pay for. He tried the latest router - problem solved! Increased speed and no wireless drop off. He wrote his report into his Talktalk system whilst I was there and told me I would get a new upgraded router. Not recieved so today, another hour spent on chat, told me I couldn't have the upgraded router because they needed to carry out a new health check! Waited on chat for 20mins - to discover I had been cut off! It's now 3hrs later and there has been no attempt to contact me, and they obviously know who I am. I believe that they will leave me with this current situation and when it comes to re.newing my contract they will offer an appropriate router to achieve the correct speeds - but guess what I will without doubt switch!! Pleasant staff but sadly an appalling service.

0 Likes

Greywolf
First Timer
Message 3 of 7

I have been a customer for 15yrs and was mystified to read the poor reviews from people who had problems. Now that I have had problems since September 2018 I know exactly what they mean! I have spent hours on the chat and phone with very polite advisors, but the resolutions are never permanant. Following three visits from BT engineers who identified line problems I had an actual Talktalk engineer visit last Friday. He carried out tests using his equipment and we both saw that I wasn't getting the speeds that I pay for. He tried the latest router - problem solved! Increased speed and no wireless drop off. He wrote his report into his Talktalk system whilst I was there and told me I would get a new upgraded router. Not recieved so today, another hour spent on chat, told me I couldn't have the upgraded router because they needed to carry out a new health check! Waited on chat for 20mins - to discover I had been cut off! It's now 3hrs later and there has been no attempt to contact me, and they obviously know who I am. I believe that they will leave me with this current situation and when it comes to re.newing my contract they will offer an appropriate router to achieve the correct speeds - but guess what I will without doubt switch!! Pleasant staff but sadly an appalling service.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Just an update. 

I was contacted by Donnie Ross from CEO Complaints and as at 15/9 I still do not have an activated service.    

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 7

Hi @sonian

Thanks for your post, apologies for the problems that you have had. 

I have raised this directly to our CEO office, so that a complaint manager can case manage this and keep you updated, they have all your contact details, I have advised you are not available till after 6pm. 

A manager will be in touch with you in the next few days.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 6 of 7

I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TT will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes