FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archer VR2800 slow speed

mikehorne
Team Player
Message 3 of 3

my original TT router expired (power failure) a few months ago and was returned to TT but a replacement was not issued, I've since been using an ArcherVR2800 with no issues but recently (two weeks or so) the speed has dropped on connecting to internet and is frustratingly slow at anything I can't even log a speed test as its that slow.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @mikehorne,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

If none of the above shows any problems then have you tried switching the router off for over 30 minutes, this will force a new session in the street cabinet.

The staff here won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

If your TalkTalk supplied router failed and was returned then you should be entitled to a replacement, so the staff here may be able to look into that for you, as that would at least give you another router you can test with.

0 Likes