FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful Fibre Connection.

Kaitlincaketin
First Timer
Message 16 of 16

So I am currently on a fibre 65 package where I should see a guaranteed minimum download speed of 61 megabytes per second. But it should be around 65-70. I'm currently seeing 5/6 megabytes per second and I can barely load web pages or do anything and nothing is being done to get it fixed.

I have spent many hours in live chat where I'm told they have found a fault and they are fixing it and it should be fixed. I even get text saying the fault has now been fixed, It is not fixed. As you can imagine this is extremely frustrating, especially as I've been paying for a service that I'm not getting at all.

I either need an engineer to be sent out, new router or to cancel my contract free of charge. Regardless of this 30 rubbish, i have been paying for a service that i am not receiving for a month. I will attach images of my plan as well as what my account says.

Who ever i speak to either on the phone or live chat just tell me to wait two days to 'see if there is improvement'. I have spent a month waiting for improvments now and who ever i speak to say the same automated reel of fixing steps and assure me that when i contact them back again they will fix it. It is getting a ridiculous i can't use my internet. It is like they don't know what the problem is and par me off.

I have just spent over hour on the phone talking to the 'technical team' where they came out with the 'wait two days for improvment again'.

I have done multiple thing to try to combat this, unplugged router for 30mins, I have had intrusive line tests done as well as tests just using the test socket. This has all happened since I have moved house, it is like I am being throttled or something is wrong my main socket.

Please find attached evidence. Pictures are in the word document that show how poor my connection is.

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15

Message 1 of 16

Hello,

I'm really glad to hear that the fault has been located and resolved and thanks for keeping us updated 🙂 I'm just sending you a short survey via PM now.

Thanks

Message 2 of 16

Hello Debbie the engineer has just left, took him 3/4 hours to find the fault but it was on of the exchanges so he switched us onto a different wire or something, now seeing 70mbps so great news. Thanks for helpling me get it sorted and booking an engineer.

Have a good day and thanks for the help again :).

Message 3 of 16

Hi Kaitlincaketin

You're welcome 🙂

Apologies again for the issues you have experienced reporting this fault.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 16

Thank you for you help Debbie i appreciate it you've managed to help me a lot more than live chat or telephone calls in quarter the amount of time, i will let you know if the engineer visit helps at all, thanks again.

Message 5 of 16

Hi Kaitlincaketin

Thanks for your reply.

I have arranged the engineer visit for tomorrow 29/06 AM (8am - 1pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 16

Will i recieve some sort of email booking time and date for the engineer visit? Thanks,

Message 7 of 16

Okay, i am free this week so tomorrow would work well

Message 8 of 16

Hi Kaitlincaketin

I can check once I receive your availability, there may be appointments from tomorrow.

Please can you also confirm potential engineer charges. Engineer charges - TalkTalk Help & Support

0 Likes

Message 9 of 16

Roughly what day/date would an engineer be available to visit?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 16

Hi Kaitlincaketin

Would you like me to send a router first before arranging an engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 16

I haven't tested with a different router, i don't have one to hand.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 16

Hi Kaitlincaketin

Thanks for confirming your details.

I've checked and the predicted speed range for your line is showing between 73.6 and 68.1mb, with a guaranteed minimum speed of 61.6mb.

Your line is currently in sync at 6.1mb. Have you tested with a different router at the test socket?

The next step will be an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 16

Hi Kaitlincaketin

Thank you. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so I can check/confirm your predicted speed range and sync speed.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 16

Done/updated

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 16

Hi Kaitlincaketin

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes