FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful download speed

brenmj28
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

My broadband cut out late last night. When I tried it this morning the download speed was below 1mb and hasn't improved since then. I've tried reseting the sagemcom router multiple times, I've turned it off for 30 mins and nothing has worked to fix the speed. When I checked the service centre, it said there were no faults. Can you advise on how I can fix this?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi brenmj28

Sorry for the delay.

How has the connection/speed been since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

I haven't changed anything but it seems to have resolved itself in the last few minutes and the speed is good again! It had barely worked all day until this point!

Message 3 of 6
ok, if the sync speed is good then it might be worth trying another +30 minute shut down, ideally leaving it for a good bit longer than 30 mins if at all possible. If that still doesn't help then the staff here should be able to respond tomorrow to assist further.

Message 4 of 6

Thanks, I've added my details to my community profile.

My estimated speed range is 55 Mbps - 74 Mbps, and my sync speed is 80Mbps.

My current throughput speed is 0.4Mbps when running the speed test on a wired device

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @brenmj28,

If you go to the Service Centre what does it show for your estimated speed range. If you log into your router to check your sync speed does this show speeds well below that estimated range.

When you run the speed test are you doing it from a wired or wireless device, it is best to do it from a wired device to get accurate results.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes