FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful service

Darrenkirkham82
Chatterbox
Message 24 of 24

Hi,

I have been without broadband since Saturday afternoon, it has been very flaky for about a month.

I am going round in circles and I am at the end of my tether now, I have contacted technical support online and over the phone several times. Each time they do a line test, book an engineer, then i get a text and email saying "an engineer has recently been doing some repair works on your line, your connection might take a while to adjust etc. Etc.

WHAT CONNECTION? I HAVE NO CONNECTION! then i report it again and i am told another 24 to 72 hours.

This has left a very sour taste in my mouth and i just want to wash my hands of this company. I can't believe they can't deal with technial issues and just fob people off.

I have already cancelled my direct debit so this could get a bit ugly

23 REPLIES 23

Message 1 of 24

Well spotted @Gliwmaeden2.

@Darrenkirkham82 I have merged this with your other topic for the sake of continuity and ease of reference for the support team.

Message 2 of 24

@Darrenkirkham82, so, for reference, this is really a continuation of the problems described here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Awful-service/m-p/2831207

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 24

Hi.  Apart from reply you have had.  Can i ask what router you have. Sounds like a SageMcom. on firmware release 2816t

Have you powered the router off and back on again ?  If not please try this.  Mine did the same before the firmware was updated.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 24

Sorry to see that you have been having issues. You can wait for the support team here to look into this for you, although there is quite a backlog of topics for them to deal with because of the holiday period. Alternatively, you can raise a formal complaint following the link at the bottom of the page. This also gives details of the ADR  service to which TalkTalk is subscribed, but they would expect you to have exhausted all internal procedures before taking on the case in exactly the same way as Ombudsman Services. 

Darrenkirkham82
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 24

Hi.

Where do i begin?

I am currently without wifi for 7 days now, over Christmas. I wont go into the inconvenience this has caused.

The technical support page no longer works, I am unable to book an engineer or report a problem.

An engineer was booked which took hours going through their Facebook page.

Engineer booked for the morning of the 23rd Dec, booked half a day off work...guess what? The engineer never bothered to show up

I have had constant problems sinxe the start of october.

I have tried going to the ombudsman but talktalk are no longer a member (surprise surprise)

Please could someone (a customer) advise? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 24

Hi Darrenkirkham82

Did an engineer investigate this fault?

Thanks

0 Likes

Darrenkirkham82
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 24

STILL not working after 2 months of being fobbed off.

The most arrogant company I have ever dealt with

0 Likes

Message 8 of 24

Hi Darrenkirkham82

Thanks for confirming your details.

Please can you also provide your availability for this visit?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 24

Hi Darrenkirkham82

Openreach are now requesting that we arrange an engineer visit to the property.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Darrenkirkham82
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 24

Just got home from work

STILL NO WIFI 👌👏👏👏

As expected, well done. Will it be fixed this year?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 24

Hi Darrenkirkham82

There are no additional updates from Openreach at the moment.

We will continue to monitor this.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 12 of 24

Hi Darrenkirkham82

It appears that this fault has been assigned to a line engineer this morning so we should hopefully receive further updates this afternoon.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 13 of 24

Hi Darrenkirkham82

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineer, no additional updates have been provided at the moment.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 24

Well two things: temporary loss how long is a piece of string and how long is temporary !!! Thats the issue we all read these posts loads of people have serious issues lasting weeks/months.

The other thing: Mobile data great if you live in a good mobile location many many places have rubbish normal mobile phone connection and 4G and 5G well forget it in many places too. 

ferguson
Community Star
Message 15 of 24

@bigkenny I hear what you say. The difference is of course that a temporary loss of fixed line broadband can generally be surmounted by using mobile data, there are no alternatives for the other services you mention . 

bigkenny
Enlightened One
Message 16 of 24

The trouble is nowadays the `Internet` is as vital as the other utility services and people treat it as so. If your electricity supply fails or your water gets turned off you expect it to be fixed within hours not days/weeks.

People have high expectations nowadays and if they don’t get a service they like they or are not getting they don’t pay. There is nothing wrong with this it’s just the way we are changing, years ago (we Brits esp.) would put up with awful service and think that was the norm` (remember when the Post Office use to operate your phone it would take ages for them to do anything).

If you have told that your service is faulty you expect an instant response and fixed within a reasonable time and not having to keep on pestering the supplier to do his part and get your fault fixed. You have paid for your service and that’s your part of the contract the supplier needs to keep his part of the contract and maintain that service. It’s a simple as that.

The issue I guess is what is a reasonable time esp. with the internet/phone when it goes down and you have informed your ISP

Message 17 of 24

Hi Darrenkirkham82

I will check on this fault again this afternoon for any additional updates from Openreach and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 18 of 24

With all respect, they can't restrict a service they are not providing. I've probably been cut off altogether by now already for having audacity to complain. My heels are well and truly dug in, I wont be paying for this month

martswain
Philosopher
Message 19 of 24

@Darrenkirkham82  suggest you reinstate your DD as soon as possible as an unpaid bill could result in extra charges and if you dig your heels in by not paying at all, a restriction to your service.

Message 20 of 24

Hi Darrenkirkham82

I'm so sorry to hear this.

I can see that this fault has been raised to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

I will check on this fault again this afternoon for any additional updates from Openreach and I will post back on this thread.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes