FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back once again with yet even more problems!!

Message 53 of 53

Only recently had a case solved by complaints managers. Had numerous engineers out and weeks of calls from complaints managers. Speeds were fixed and back to the usual 65mb. However, tonight i've had a few spinning wheels when trying to stream and web pages failing to load. Just logged into the router to see what speeds are and it says speed to the router have dropped from 65mb down to 47mb. 

MrP
0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 1 of 53

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which is still detecting a possible external line fault. Please can you add your full name to your Community Profile so we can ensure that we are logging the fault for the correct line and we can then pass this over to Openreach to complete an external line investigation. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 53

Hi, still the same! I made it very clear to TalkTalk all over that he is a pensioner that was just about to have a big operation and would be bed bound and the internet is his lifeline. I was assured by 2 people at TalkTalk that someone from TalkTalk would call me and that this had been escalated. They sent me a text to say they would call me on 2cnd July, postponed to the 3rd July, then nobody ever did call! Thursday just gone Open Reach sent a text to say they have found a fault, then Sunday they sent another text to say the problem was fixed. But it isn't. Speeds have dropped and the service completly down right now. Plugged into the test socket still and all cables and router is new and phone line sounds fine.

MrP
0 Likes

Message 3 of 53

Hi,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I've re-run the line test now which has detected a potential fault. Have you noticed if there is any noise on the voice service? If not then I can escalate this over to Openreach to complete an external line investigation?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 53

@Username_Unavailable, we don't have a hotline to staff. I re-escalated your thread yesterday already, but if they are not on duty at weekends or Bank Holidays, there's nothing more that any of us can do, I'm afraid. 

They would never call you on your mobile as communication on the forum is through the threads and Personal Messages, if staff ask for information that way. 

It must be very stressful for you, and you have tried Chat and Twitter. The only other course of action is phoning 03451 720046 and see if you can make headway today - they'll close at 6pm.

Perhaps you can raise this as a complaint.  Please see the Complaints Code link, for further information, at the foot of the page.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 5 of 53

Ok, can someone please escalate this to someone higher up ASAP, please? I've wasted 14 hours going through tests with TalkTalk Twitter and Talk Talk live chat and get nowhere. They just keep trying to sell me a package i already have saying i need to upgrade to Fibre 65 when i've been on 66mb faster fibre with speed boost since 2017. Then try and sell me a wifi extender for £120. Its a total joke. After many tests and many router resets speeds to the router have finally gone back up from 21mb to 58mb, but speed tests are just 5mb just now. I've tried 2 brand new fresh out of the box routers, filters, cables, all give the same results. And have been connected to the test socket for the last year. I'm a pensioner and have an operation on Monday and will be practically bed bound for 6 weeks recovering and need the internet to work, order my food, medication, connect to the outside world in general. It really is my lifeline during these times. To repeatedly been fobbed off trying to get me to purchase packages and wifi extenders i do not need is sickening. Please can you escalate this to someone hicgher up and call the mobile number on my account, please. I also did this Talk Talk test earlier and it shows services are poor. Currenly cannot even stream my TV show i just get a spinning wheel.poor speed.JPG

MrP
0 Likes

Message 6 of 53

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, so that it is definitely in the workflow for attention  - staff won't be back before Tuesday, @Username_Unavailable.

Please look out for their reply next week. 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 53
Hello. Its gone down again, speeds dropped from 65mb to the router to 21 mb down and 4 up. Cannot really do anything with it. Tried streaming my TV show but just keep getting a spinning wheel. Still connected to the test socket and everything inside the property is new.
MrP
0 Likes

Message 8 of 53

Hi,

Thanks for confirming this. Is the voice service also clear with no noise on the line? Would you like to go ahead with an engineer visit to the property?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 53
Hi Michelle. Everything in the property is new, router, filter, cables etc. And i've been plugged into the test socket since last year. I just put on another new filter and cable. I put on a new one last month too.
MrP
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 53

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test now which is clear, however I can see that sync speed has been varying over the last 24hrs and I can also see re-connections on the line. If 2 different routers have already been tested at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like to go ahead with this and we can confirm some details with you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 53
Hello. They have gone back down again yesterday and stayed down. Can barley do anything again!
MrP
0 Likes

Message 12 of 53

Hi

Tests are showing clear at the moment, and sync speed is showing at 61mb.

Have the speeds recovered or are you still seeing the drop in performance now ?

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 13 of 53
Hi again. Ever since the engineer speeds went up but were not the greatest they've ever been, not very steady. Now speeds have dropped by half again just now. Still plugged into the test socket, been that way since last year.
MrP
0 Likes

Message 14 of 53

Hi Username_Unavailable,

Apologies for the delay

Line test is picking up a potential issue but I can see that your speed has recovered now, sync speed is currently 61.5Mbps, has has it been over the last 24 hours?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 53

I've done a quarterly re-escalation  of your thread again, @Username_Unavailable, so it should be back in the workflow. 

Staff should reply soon.

Message 16 of 53
Nobody work here anymore? Same thing happened again what happened last wednsday. Down again. Internet went down now speeds to the router are halved and very patchy.
I've noticed for the last month or so BT has been doing A LOT of work in my village tearing up roads all over. I've read that there is a new internet provider on the scene that has spent over £300 Million to bring super fast internet to my area. Plus Elon Musk has backed a British internet provider to provide faster more stable internet to my area. Would this effect things? They've dug up miles and miles of road so far and lots of smaller holes all over the village.
MrP
0 Likes

Message 17 of 53
Down again. Internet went down now speeds to the router are halved and very patchy.
I've noticed for the last month or so BT has been doing A LOT of work in my village tearing up roads all over. I've read that there is a new internet provider on the scene that has spent over £300 Million to bring super fast internet to my area. Plus Elon Musk has backed a British internet provider to provide faster more stable internet to my area. Would this effect things? They've dug up miles and miles of road so far and lots of smaller holes all over the village.
MrP
0 Likes

Message 18 of 53
Forgot to mention, Yes i recieved the new router, thank you. Although when using it speeds to the router are a whopping 14MB less than when using the previous router. Old router speeds coming into the router are 66MB. The new router they are just 52MB. So we wnt back to the older router for now as 66MB isnt sufficient for this house hold let alone 52MB. And the problem pursists with either router anyway. I've just put in a new micro filter and speeds seem to have gone back up again, for now at least. We did have a fancy new face plate that an engineer fitted last year but he never fitted it correctly as all the pins were bent. And when we contacted TalkTalk they told us we would need a new face plate but we would have to be charged for it, we had to say no. Why should we be charged for an engineer that's done a bad job? So we've remained plugged into the test socket for the last year instead.
MrP
0 Likes

Message 19 of 53
Back yet again. Exact same thing has happened again just now. Router switched off and on and now speeds have halved and very patchy.
MrP
0 Likes

Message 20 of 53

Morning,

I'm really sorry for the delay. I've re-run the line test now which is clear and the sync speed now looks stable for 5 days and the stability also appears to have improved over this time. How have you found the connection since your last post? Did you also receive the replacement router?

Thanks

0 Likes