FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back once again with yet even more problems!!

Message 53 of 53

Only recently had a case solved by complaints managers. Had numerous engineers out and weeks of calls from complaints managers. Speeds were fixed and back to the usual 65mb. However, tonight i've had a few spinning wheels when trying to stream and web pages failing to load. Just logged into the router to see what speeds are and it says speed to the router have dropped from 65mb down to 47mb. 

MrP
0 Likes
52 REPLIES 52

Message 21 of 53

Internet went off again. Back up again now but speeds have dropped under half to the router from 65mb to 31mb and speed tests very patchy. Still connected to the test socket.

MrP
0 Likes

Message 22 of 53

Hi

I'm really sorry about this. I have ordered the router again and you should receive this within the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 23 of 53
Hello. You sent me out a router with Yodel but Yodel aren't delivering it! They claimed to have tried to deliver it on the 7th Jan but that was a lie as we have CCTV, no knock and no card left. On the 8th they claimed the van had broken down so couldn't deliver it again. Then they just left it and stopped trying to deliver it! They told me I have to collect myself but I don't live near a Yodel depot. They arranged a redelivery but the driver never turned up again. They told me they would arrange another redelivery days ago, but today I found it was sent back to sender! They told me you requested the parcel be sent back to you? I'm guessing that another lie from Yodel?
MrP
0 Likes

Message 24 of 53

Hi

I have ordered you a Huawei WIFI hub for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 25 of 53

@Username_Unavailable, you didn't reply for several weeks to the OCE's last post offering to send you another router to try. 

I think @Debbie-TalkTalk was expecting a reply from you back then, which probably explains why you have been left in limbo. The thread would have fallen out of the workflow. 

I'll re-escalate this thread for you, but it may well be after Monday before you get a response. 

Staff are not on the forum at weekends, and it takes a day or two to clear the backlog. Keep an eye out and respond as quickly as you can, or your issue will keep falling out of the queue for attention. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 26 of 53
So still causing problems and no response from you since the 27th of November! And this issue has been going on since last May! Still plugged into the test socket. Speeds today are erratic from 2mb to 30mb and anything in between.
MrP
0 Likes

Message 27 of 53

Hello. Totally down yet again! Please can we get this up and running properly for Christmas as this year has to be a Zoom Christmas due to elderly and disabled relatives shielding. The family have arranged to Zoom over Christmas and i'm fed up with the issue as its been going on since May!! Its now December!! We are still plugged into the test socket. Yes please send a router as we would like to try everything and anything to get this issue solved once and for all. Do everything, anything, just please get it working back to normal. 7 months of stress and hassle unable to work from home and forced to shield. I'm well and truly fed up with this service. =(

MrP
0 Likes

Message 28 of 53

Hi

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a further line test which hasn't detected any faults and your line is showing in sync and connected at 61.8mb.

The connection also appears to have remained stable since 17/11, no re connections are showing.

Would you like me to send the new Huawei WIFI hub for testing to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 29 of 53
We've been plugged into the test socket ever since. That resolved things for a while and speeds went back up to 66mb. However yesterday it was unstable and right now there is no internet connection at all. The white light is on on the router but no service at all. So short lived yet again!
MrP
0 Likes

Message 30 of 53

Hi Username_Unavailable,

I'm really sorry this is staking so long to resolve, I think the connection may have been down due to the engineer investigation as they closed the fault in the early afternoon on the 2nd - how has it been since then?

Chris

Message 31 of 53
Guess whats down again? Yup you guessed it....the internet! Yay!......jesus.....
MrP
0 Likes

Message 32 of 53
Thanks i suppose. Internet is totally down again today. Now he cannot watch the pay per view boxing that he has paid for. So he loses his money or you will compensate him? He's a pensioner on his own and now it looks like Boris is about to put is in lockdown for a month so i'm going to have to leave my family and go on lockdown for a month with my elderly father just so he has someone with him and to try and get his internet fixed! This ia beyond ludicrous! We've wasted so so much of our lives on getting the internet fixed over and over and over again. Its never ending!!!
MrP
0 Likes

Message 33 of 53

Hi

I'm really sorry for the delay.

The line test has detected a possible fault so this has been escalated straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer.

We should receive further updates within the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 34 of 53

Hi

Do have/use an ethernet cable for any device connection?

If not, is it possible to make it so?

Monitor the Wi-Fi with a Lizard .....

https://lizardsystems.com/wi-fi-scanner/https://lizardsystems.com/wi-fi-scanner/CabinetTest.png

Does the Wi-Fi within the property remain at a high level, even though there is no connection externally?

If in doubt please ask.

0 Likes

Message 35 of 53
Ok. We plugged into the test socket on the 21st of October and speeds went up to the best they've ever been at 66MB. Then at midnight on the 29th there was no service at all and still isn't at almost 8am. The light on the router remains solid white. Can we please sort this its been on going since the start of lockdown! Me and my family waste so much of our lives talking to you via various channels just tryint to keep our internet connection!!
MrP
0 Likes

Message 36 of 53

Hi Username_Unavailable,

Line test is picking up a potential issue. Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service, any noise on the line?

When you say the router is switching itself on and off, is it completely powering down?

Chris

Message 37 of 53
Engineer fixed it for a short time but today it's back to dropping and the router switching itself off and on. Just been running tests with talk talk twitter, they said to reset the router, did that but it only lasted 5 minutes before the router went off and on and speeds dropped under half and very patchy again. This has to be the router?
MrP
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 38 of 53

Hi,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I've raised a complaint and have escalated this straight to our CEO Team now and have asked that you are contacted ASAP.

Thanks

Message 39 of 53

Staff will reply during the day,  @Username_Unavailable

Best not to post again before you get a reply. 

Staff work from oldest to newest posts, so it's best to wait. If this is not picked up on Friday, it will be Monday at the earliest. 

I'll re-escalate your post to ensure it is heading towards staff. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 40 of 53
Ok thats 3 routers tried now and no better! Speeds to the router have dropped from 63mb to 20mb to 10mb. Speed tests are erratic and low. Its been down 4 times today. Its been this way the entire pandemic and you have all but abadoned us! Elderly, not furloughed, had a enough of this is too stressful. I left it broken for a while as the stress of it was going to make me ill but now i need to work or i cannot eat!! And to work i need the internet. Can we please get this sorted before it kills me.
MrP
0 Likes