FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being scammed by talktalk internet

eyenetics
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 6

I recently received a message from talktalk about either rolling over my contract or choosing a new better contract with one-click. I chose to move to Superfast Fibre, but didn't hear anything back. I've logged into my account today and see my contract is now not ending until 2022 and I'm still on faster fibre at the increased rate or £33.50. What on Earth is going on? It's impossible to reach a human being. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 6
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

@eyenetics, most companies keep the sign in details for the customer's account completely separate from their forum accounts. It's an important aspect of security,  and I am sure people would complain soon enough if there were a breach .....!

The increase in your fees may be due to discounts expiring for any boosts you've had in the past. 

The first port of call for contracts is the LOYALTY team, as explained by @fr8ys, above, using the phone lines, or Chat, which is available from links on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Staff on here can check that your agreement is correctly set up. It may be that the speed boost has not been added correctly. Check what LOYALTY have to say, and once you have done that, staff on here should be able to double check that it's been correctly applied. 

If you have any problems with your actual service,  this is the place to come to. Staff reply to threads Monday to Friday, working from oldest to newest posts. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

The loyalty team deal with renewals and have the best deals available.

You have a query on a renewal so they are best placed to help you 

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 4 of 6
Can you explain why this information is not forthcoming in the first place, and why I have to create an entirely new profile to sign into a forum just to be redirected once again? This is not what I'd consider good customer service.
0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

You really need to speak to the Loyalty Team

0345 172 0046 is currently working. Say "Loyalty Team" or "leaving TalkTalk" or "cancel TalkTalk" when prompted and you should get through to someone to talk to.

You may though have to listen to a few lengthy recorded messages, but if you persevere you should get through to someone.

They are currently working Monday - Friday 9am-7pm, and some Saturdays going forward.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes