FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Below Minimum guaranteed speed

JuliansNW6
Conversation Starter
Message 6 of 6

I earlier this week my broadband speed dropped to just over 5mb it has now climbed up to 25mb, however this is way below my minimum guaranteed speed of 71mb which I was previously receiving. I have previously reported this reoccurring issue before, this is starting to become extremely frustrating as I have been a TalkTalk customer for the last 10 YEARS and been a loyal customer. I expect to recieve the service which I am paying for and supposed to be "Guaranteed" if this issue isn't resolved immediately and permanently I will have no choice but to leave TalkTalk and find an alternative provider!!

Screenshot 2019-06-14 at 20.28.31.pngScreen Shot 2018-08-25 at 15.59.02.pngScreenshot 2019-06-14 at 20.29.51.png

TT2008
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Julian,

Ok, could you try switching the router off for a full 30 minutes and then run another speed test to see if their is any improvement in speed please.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Michelle,

i dont have any devices that would allow a wired connection as my laptop does not have any ports.

TT2008
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 6

Hi Julian,

I'm sorry for the delay. Just to confirm, how does the speed compare if you connect wired?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 6

It is a WiFi test, but previously I was receiving 50-60mb over WiFi 

TT2008
0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 5 of 6
Your router is in sync with the cabinet at the MAXIMUM possible for the service, 80 downstream and 20 up.

TT only guarantee the speed to ONE device connected to the router by LAN cable, with no other devices connected.

Is your screenshot of a WiFi test or LAN ?
0 Likes