FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Below minimum guaranteed speed to router

dhock
Chatterbox
Message 10 of 10

My Fibre 250 plan is getting nowhere near the minimum guaranteed speed - it's consistently measuring at 143 down, and my minimum guarantee is 195 down. Doesn't matter whether I used the TT router or another, the speed into my property remains consistent.

When the Openreach engineer installed my fibre, he mentioned this could be a possibility due to the distance from the cabinet/exchange, but to let it stabilise and see - given the lack of speed, would it be possible to downgrade my account to Fibre 150 (as that is the speed I'm currently getting?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hello,

Ok thanks for confirming. Would you like to arrange an engineer visit to the property to investigate further?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hey Michelle,

No changes on this end - I'm only looking at the speed to the router (as per the support page) rather than the speedtests as I know those can vary. Still no phone connected into the Openreach Master Socket - just the modem as provided.

Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hello,

Thanks for the update. I've re-run the line test now which is detecting a potential issue towards the property. Can I confirm, has the set up changed at all since the engineer set this up? Have any new devices been connected to the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Hello - I've given it a few days now and whilst I've seen a small improvement - from 142mbps to 149mbps - it's still well below my guaranteed 194mbps, so it does look like it may be the proximity from the Openreach cabinet that the engineer originally identified.

Is there anything else I can do before potentially downgrading?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hello,

Thanks for the update. The voice line test is now clear. It can take DLM a few days to adjust the speed once a fault has been resolved. Would it be possible to monitor the speeds for 24-48hrs to see if DLM makes any changes to the speed?

Thanks

0 Likes

dhock
Chatterbox
Message 6 of 10

Hello,

Checking in as requested. I've received notification that the engineer has visited to repair the fault, but there has been no change to the speed - measured speed to the router is still in the 140s. If I can't get any faster than this - which is 50mbps below my guaranted minimum - what do I need to do to downgrade to Fiber150?

Thanks,

Dan

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hello,

It looks like the automated line test has detected a possible line fault so this has been passed to Openreach to complete an external line investigation. Hopefully once this fault has been resolved you will see an improvement in the broadband speed. If there are no further updates by Thursday then please let us know and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

dhock
Chatterbox
Message 8 of 10

Hello, I don't actually use the voice line so I couldn't tell you - nothing plugged into the socket at the wall, and I don't own a landline telephone. I also have received a notification that an OpenReach engineer is being sent out to investigate the connection between the exchange and my property for a suspected fault.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as no dial tone or any noise on the line as this can affect the broadband speed and we would need to investigate this first?

Thanks

0 Likes