FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Connection Keeps Dropping Off

AndrewMc1
Chatterbox
Message 22 of 22

Hi,

Over the past couple of weeks my broadband connections keeps dropping out intermittently, which when working from home becomes very frustrating especially when on calls. Ran through the online tests, which state there is no issues, reset the router, tried changing channels etc., but no luck. Dropouts affects all devices - so isn't isolated too particular device.  Also, TalkTalk 'Live chat' never actually opens up - not sure if others have this same problem. So reaching out on the forums for some help.

Thanks

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21

Message 1 of 22

Hi Andrew

Thanks for your reply.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

0 Likes

AndrewMc1
Chatterbox
Message 2 of 22

Yes, please

0 Likes

Message 3 of 22

Hi Andrew

Apologies for this.

If the connection is dropping (wired) with the replacement router and cables at the test socket then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit.

Would you like me to arrange this visit for you?

0 Likes

AndrewMc1
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 22

Actually I’ve managed to connect an old laptop directly to the router, and the internet also dropped off. So I have a problem with both wired and wireless connections. And the router flashes white and orange when it drops

0 Likes

AndrewMc1
Chatterbox
Message 5 of 22

Hi,

As mentioned on a previous message the only devices with a wired connection are something for the Hive heating and the Sonos music system. Both of which are just hubs. My laptop doesn't have a ethernet port so couldn't connect directly anyway. I have noticed that when the internet drops, the router light flashes white and orange. And also, my wireless Sonos speakers do stop playing music. Therefore, I assuming the connection drops to the wired connection Sonos hub.

Thanks

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 6 of 22

Hello,

Can I just confirm, have you noticed if the devices that you have connected wired also lose connection or are these stable? Have you noticed if any lights on the router change when this happens?

Thanks

0 Likes

AndrewMc1
Chatterbox
Message 7 of 22

Hi, so this afternoon I've tried using each of the channels recommend by TalkTalk, and for each channel I'm still getting the same issue.

Wireless frequency Recommended channels

2.4GHz1, 6 or 11
5GHz36, 40, 44 or 48

0 Likes

Message 8 of 22

Hi Andrew

Ok thank you. I've switched off the WIFI optimisation, please can you try a couple of different wireless channels again to see how the connection compares?

Debbie

0 Likes

AndrewMc1
Chatterbox
Message 9 of 22

Hi,

I don't have any devices wired into the router other than the Sonos and Hive boxes. The router is based at the front door of the house, so it's not a place where we would wire something into. So cannot really say.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 22

Hi Andrew

Apologies for this. Is this also happening on wired devices?

0 Likes

AndrewMc1
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 22

Hi,

Unfortunately, I'm still having the same issue having installed the new router. Wifi connection drops out for a few mins every now and then throughout the day, and affects different devices. So not sure what the next steps/solution is?

Thanks

Andrew

0 Likes

Message 12 of 22

Morning,

Just checking back in to see how the stability has been with the replacement router?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 22

Hi

If you start your own thread (new message), we’d love to help.

We’ve found that posting in someone else’s conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

It’s easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Jamesyd
First Timer
Message 14 of 22

Having the same here too. Connection drops for 2-3 minutes and has happened multiple times since yesterday evening. And in the middle of file downloads. No issues within the home and happens on all devices. Probably not a prolonged enough outage to show up on TalkTalk’s own issues or outage lists. I wonder if the router is at fault but then not a regular enough occurrence. No point in running through TalkTalk tests which only try to deflect the blame towards the home customer. 

0 Likes

Message 15 of 22

No Problem 🙂

Karl 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

AndrewMc1
Chatterbox
Message 16 of 22

Brilliant, thanks Karl

0 Likes

Message 17 of 22

Hi

OK, I'll get another router out to you so we can see if this is hardware related.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

AndrewMc1
Chatterbox
Message 18 of 22

Hi Karl, yeah the dial tone is clear.

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 19 of 22

Hi

Broadband tests are clear, can you check the home phone and make sure the dial tone is clear, with no noise on the line.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

AndrewMc1
Chatterbox
Message 20 of 22

Hi, my profile should be updated with that information now. Thanks

0 Likes