FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Constant Outage

Luthor
First Timer
Message 5 of 5

Hi 

Our broadband connection has been having issues with the connection dropping out. This would happen once or twice a day for the last couple of weeks but since yesterday is now dropping out at least every 30 to 60 minutes. 

I have already tried the following to try to isolate the fault:

Swapped out the splitter. 

Swapped out the cable 

Swapped out the router 

The problem persists and seems to becoming more frequent. 

When I run the test on the line, it seems to be fine when it is connected. It even seems to be faster then usual with 75mbps down and a 6ms ping. 

I can only think that there is a fault somewhere on the line so need to report this please. 

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Luthor

Would it be possible to borrow a phone for testing purposes to see if you are experiencing any faults with the landline service as this can affect the broadband connection.

Which router are you currently using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Karl

Yes it is the same when wired, it is not the WiFi dropping, it is the router connection to the internet. I have logged into the router but there is not much in the way of diagnostic tools, it just shows that it is not connected. 

The outage has become more frequent but reconnects usually within a few minutes. 

We don't have a landline phone so I am unable to advise if there is any interference on the line

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi

All tests are clear.  Are you seeing this when connected wired ?

Have you checked the phone for any noise or interference etc.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Have you noticed any issues with the phone service such as noise on the line?  Have you tried connecting at the test socket if you have one?

Subject to that, if you would like the online support team to look into this for you make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number are complete on your community profile here so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then give them until the early part of next week to respond.