FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Issues

Thatcham
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Been having problems since we went on Fibre 150, Internet speeds both upload and download fluctuate. Download 20 -89, suppose to guarantee 103! Been on to them twice and yes you guessed it all ok their end, must be my end! Well I have changed nothing with my devices from my previous contract, so how can it be? On my first call when I actually got through to somebody, they even had me taking facia off the wall socket and doing some tests, surely that's an engineer's job? upshot from that call, Talktalk has made some alterations to account, allow 72 hours before it can take effect. No difference so I have even plugged my laptop straight into the router and I still get the same results. Also have to watch NOW TV because Talktalk do not give the entertainment packages and that stalls, get the little wheel spooling and all picture goes blurred. Getting really fed up now.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Did you try what I suggested in my last post about speed testing to the modem (not the router)?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Still experiences issues but persevering.  

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Yes I have linked direct to Router and speeds slightly higher than on Laptop away from Router but even those readings fluctuate from 22 to 95 and I guess when low, the wifi has trouble too!

Old Router was Huawei and new is Sagemcom . 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi Thatcham,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

The faceplate is actually your responsibility if it was faulty (unlikely though), the socket behind that is the demarcation point of the wiring between that which TalkTalk's responsibility & that which is yours (if you have any other wiring in the property).

OK, now to try & diagnose the problem. With the modem connected to the master socket (with or without the faceplate for now), can you connect a laptop or some other PC with a wired (Ethernet) connection and connect it via an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet socket on the modem where your router normally connects to, what speeds to do get there?

What make/model of TalkTalk router do you have?

Have your previous speed tests being carried out with devices connected to the router via wireless or wired connections?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?