FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband connection keeps dropping

IDHFMH
Team Player
Message 12 of 12

@Debbie-TalkTalk Debbie - for some reason our broadband connection keeps dropping.  This started a few days ago is happening many times each day.  I can bring the connection up by rebooting the router but the problem is becoming very disruptive.   Note that the phone line appears to be OK.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hi billyf,

Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

@billyf Thank you for your comments.  Your issue sounds a little different in that your wired connection continues to work.  In my case , the WiFi signal stays up but we cannot connect to the internet using any connection (neither WiFi nor wired) and the only way it comes back is by rebooting the router.  Interestingly, the system has stayed up now since 10 pm yesterday so beginning to sound like it's something upstream of us...

0 Likes

billyf
Popular Poster
Message 3 of 12

Hello, I have similar issues. I have been using my current broadband since last August / September but over the past few weeks (probably around 2-3 months) my WiFi connection would drop intermittently (shows as 'connected' on my devices but unable to connect to the internet / load websites etc., and this happens on the few devices connected through WiFi so it's not my device's issue).

Sometimes this occurs more than once a day, sometimes every few days. The wired internet connection works fine when this happens and the light on the router still shows up white (normal). The only way to fix it is to either switch the router off and on again, or restart the router via the portal. Disabling / enabling WiFi doesn't resolve the issue either so it's getting disruptive with the long time it takes to restart the router to fix the problem.

I'm using the Sagecom FAST router version SG4K10002816t.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi

A Huawei Hub is on the way for testing.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

BTW - it just dropped again after I sent my last response...

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Karl - thank you.   OK if there is a different model of WiFi hub I would like to try it to see if it helps.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi

with any fault, you can never be sure what the cause is, until options are ruled out.  The router is just one part to consider.  We can swap out this for the other model Hub we provide and see if the connection improves.  If not, then we can rule out a hardware issue with the router and look elswhere.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Karl - are you suggesting that my WiFi Hub may be at fault or is there a more recent model available?  I don't really want to revert to a traditional router given that I switched to the hub to improve the WiFi coverage.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi

Do you want to try a different model router to rule out any hardware issues ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

@Karl-TalkTalk 

Thank you for your quick response.  The router light remains as solid white but our devices show that we have a wifi connection with no internet.  My desktop just loses the ethernet connection...

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 11 of 12

Hi

All tests are clear, not seeing any issues remotely.  Is the router light remaining solid when the connection drops or changing to amber / flashing etc.

Thanks  

Karl.

Working From Home Tips

0 Likes