FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband installation issue. Meant to be fixed fast, had no communication..

PJSage
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

Hi there,

I had my broadband installed on the 3rd, an engineer came out to connect the line but according to him there was an issue at the pole due to my line being unused for a long period of time (it had been rerouted elsewhere).

He said that he had informed talktalk of the issue and that it would be sorted the following day, likely by openreach and without requiring entry to the property, that the job would be very quick and simple and that talktalk would be in contact with me via phone/text to keep me updated about the situation, but this did not happen.

There's been no number available to call, I haven't been able to get through on chat at any point and the website had been in maintenance for over a day during this so there was no means of contacting talktalk whatsoever. It's now Sunday and the chat isn't available at all; and given the fact that I wasn't able to get through all week, I'm not hopeful about doing so tomorrow. I've also had to go to my son's to use his internet to try and get in contact.

I waited quite a while to get the broadband installed in the first place and now I've had to wait an extra 5 days for this issue to be fixed; no one has communicated with me via phone/text and the issue has not been fixed (I've checked the connection every day). I also need to correct a typo made with my email address but there is no option to amend this in my account and again, with no means of contacting talktalk, I can't do this.

Frankly, I've been left totally in the lurch and would really appreciate any help. My first payment is also taken today and I do not have the service.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi PJSage

I'm really sorry for the delay.

I've completed a radius re sync. Please can you factory reset your router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds and then post back on this thread to let us know once the router is switched back on?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4
That's odd, the chat I went to from the pop-up on the my account page kept giving me the following message: "We’re sorry, we cannot respond to your chat at the moment. This could be because our support team are all serving other customers right now or, you may have contacted us out of hours. If you would like to try again our core opening hours are:
Monday – Saturday 9am–7pm"

.... but, the one you linked to appears to be different. I'll make sure to give it a try. Thanks for your help!

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 3 of 4

Chat is available every day,  @PJSage, but often busy. Links from here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

For follow up help from staff on the forum,  please complete your community forum profile details so they can identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard; make sure you put in your landline phone number and a fallback mobile phone number; click finish to save. 

They may take a couple of days to reach your thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.