FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps disconnecting

Gazzza
Team Player
Message 37 of 37

Hi we have not long joined about a month ago  we are happy with the speed we are getting but we keep getting disconnecting this happens once or twice a day everyday. I have done all the checks and it says everything Is all OK but it is not we have all the same devices connected to it as we did with our last provider any advise? 

36 REPLIES 36

Message 1 of 37

Hi

Tests are still picking up a fault and an engineer is required.

I'll drop you a PM to confirm some details.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Gazzza
Team Player
Message 2 of 37

Hi I belive I have plugged it now in to the test socket with filter attached 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 37

Hi Gazzza,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gazzza
Team Player
Message 4 of 37

Hi got to look for filter so I can plug it in I will have. To do that tomorrow 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 37

Hi Gazzza

Would it be possible to connect it at the test socket when you get home and leave the router, phone and filter connected there until we have tested the line again?

If the same fault is still detected then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gazzza
Team Player
Message 6 of 37

Unfortunately I am at work at the moment and not at home 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 37

Hi Gazzza

Thanks for your reply.

This master socket should have a test socket underneath the face plate. Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket so I can run another line test in this set up?

Debbie

0 Likes

Gazzza
Team Player
Message 8 of 37

Hi

Openreach came about 8months ago and put us a new box I belive it's a master socket 5c and just advice our phone is clear 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 37

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible issue towards the property. Is your router currently connected at the test socket? Is there any noise on the voice service?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gazzza
Team Player
Message 10 of 37

So here we go a again for the last week the Internet keeps cutting on off even your app said there was a problem but text messages back to me say its OK but its not IT KEEPS CUTTING off and its getting a bit annoying now p

0 Likes

Message 11 of 37

So not only has your Internet not been good since we have had it you now want to put it up by £2 month not good enough 

0 Likes

Message 12 of 37

Hi here we go again twice yesterday 12\2 and one today so far I have had 2 physically reset the the Internet it cuts off and flashes orange till you turn it off and back on I am now getting a bit annoyed as we have had this problem from the 1st week we switched over to you and like I have said before we never had this issue with our last provider oh and also our router needs an update 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 37
So far so good 👍
0 Likes

Message 14 of 37

Hi Gazzza,

Thanks for the information. There was a line profile change on the 31st, how has it been since the drop on the 1st?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 15 of 37
Hi was about 15 min 20 min and again tonight 01/02 about 19.30 solid white lite but no Internet till I re set it then was fine
0 Likes

Message 16 of 37

Hi Gazzza,

I can see a couple reconnections over the last couple of weeks, one on the 22nd and one on the 26th. Do you feel that the connection has been dropping more than this? Do you know approximately how long was the connection down for the 26th?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 17 of 37

Hi its started doing this again it did it a couple of times last week and as type now very annoying when home schooling 

0 Likes

Message 18 of 37

Hi Gazzza

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 19 of 37
Hi yes has been OK now for a wile thank you for your help

Message 20 of 37

Hi Gazzza

Sorry for the delay.

I've checked the connection stats and the connection appears to have remained stable since 24/12.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes