FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping?

anewt0n
Chatterbox
Message 15 of 15

I can't find an actual number for talktalk so I'm posting here sorry.

Over the past 48 hours our broadband hasn't worked for longer than 40 minutes (ish) at a time, the internet is gone and the router flashes orange. We've reset the router lots, we've unplugged and replugged. We've done all the troubleshooting we can think of but the internet just keeps dropping out. Any advice? I can't even access the support/service hub to do a diagnostics test on our line.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi anewt0n

This fault should now be resolved following work completed by the Openreach engineer.

Just to confirm, has this fault been fully resolved?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi anewt0n

This fault is still with the Openreach line engineers, no additional updates have been provided at the moment.

I will continue to monitor for further updates.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi anewt0n

Thanks for confirming your details.

The line test is now detecting a potential fault on the line (external) so no appointment to the property has been arranged at the moment.

The line engineer will complete testing/investigations on the line and we should receive further updates within the next 48-72hrs.

I will check on this fault tomorrow for any additional updates from Openreach.

In regards to potential engineer charges, if the fault is with Openreach maintained equipment then no charges would be applied.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

anewt0n
Chatterbox
Message 4 of 15

@Debbie-TalkTalk how do I access my messages please? I'm so new to this and I can't find anywhere for personal messages 😅

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15

Hi anewt0n

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

If you think that would be helpful then yes please arrange an openreach engineer visit 🙂 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Hi anewt0n

Thank you. I've completed another line test which is still detecting the same fault.

Would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi Debbie!

Yes thanks to the link @Skynet_TX posted we've just managed to connect to the test socket 🙂

Message 9 of 15

Hi anewt0n

I can see that Skynet_TX has linked to our master/test socket help page.

Did you connect the router at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 15

Hi @anewt0n,

Details on test sockets can be found here :https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-guide-to-main-phone-sockets/ta-p/2205432

If you have the type of master socket that has a test socket inside then connecting the router to that (via a microfilter) can help prove that the issue is not related to any of the phone cabling in your home, as the test socket is just a direct connection to the phone line that comes into your property and bypasses any other phone wiring you may have.

The staff here on the community won't be back until Monday, so you may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours over the weekend.

anewt0n
Chatterbox
Message 11 of 15

I don't know what the test socket is? It's connected to the socket that it works with? 

Thank you for helping!

0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi anewt0n

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

The line test is detecting a potential fault towards the property and Openreach are requesting that we arrange an engineer visit.

Is the router connected at the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

anewt0n
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 15

Hi Debbie, I think I've added everything now 🙂

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi anewt0n

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes